Monday 30 April 2012

Day 62 of 90

Today's Workout: Cardio 3

Did you miss me??  I sure missed all of you.  I missed reading about each of your experiences, and I missed telling you all about mine!  I gave a quick heads up when I last posted Thursday night about my absence for the weekend.  Friday night was my best friends birthday dinner downtown and we were home late (shout out to you K!!)  Early Saturday morning, we began the drive down to Cambridge to celebrate my nephews First Communion.  It was a perfectly wonderful weekend seeing family that we don't see often enough given that they live a solid 5 hours away.

So I am back now, Monday night, and am proud to report that I missed not a single one of my workouts, but I did eat with no shame (hello all-you-can-eat-buffet!).  Early Saturday morning after feeding G at 7 am I did my exercises then showered and woke up the rest of the family.  I watched my food intake on Saturday, while stopping for lunch I had a 6" whole wheat turkey and ham sub from Subway, with total cals of just 380.  Dinner was also not too bad, as it was turkey drumsticks served with green beans and asparagus and roasted potatoes.  I am failing to mention all the nibblies I had.... a little here and a bit there will certainly add up.  I made good choices when able, and am hoping my body does not suffer from the selfishness of my brain.

Sunday morning, I took my laptop and Workout 10 with me to the exercise room of the hotel we stayed at.  I was lucky that at 8am on a Sunday morning nobody else had the inclination to do exercises, so it was just me grunting and sweating it out on the gym floor.  I thoroughly enjoyed Workout 10 yesterday, the time flew by.  Perhaps I enjoy working out in different places, mixes it up a bit.

Today the plan was to do my exercises at home in the evening, and to be honest with you, four hours ago, I did not think I would do them.  I had a moment of weakness.  A lapse in judgement.  But something clicked in me, just as it will click in you, that I am bigger than these workouts.  They will not get the better of me.  I have not missed a workout in 62 days -- am I really going to find an excuse now?  You know it, that working out feels so much better than not workout out, so do not let your inner self talk you out of it.  You are bigger than that worthless self talk.  You can change.  So I went down and laced up my sneakers and got ready to sweat.  Does Cardio 3 ever make me sweat!

I will be back on track tomorrow with workouts and logging my meals.

Sleep hard, I'll see you tomorrow.

Nighty night,
Peach

3 comments:

  1. Great job keeping up with the workouts on vacation. That's tough to do. I hope I have some of your awesome attitude when I'm tackling workout 10 tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. High-five for not skipping any workouts on vacation! That is so hard to do!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing commitment! Way to go, Jessica. Impressive...and I'm willing some of your motivation to rub off on me :-). Glad to hear you had a wonderful weekend away. We all need that once in awhile.

    ReplyDelete