Monday 16 April 2012

Day 48 of 90

It doesn't matter if I want to do it, or don't want to do it.  It only matters that it gets done.

Today's Workout: Cardio 2

Today I am thinking of my mom who has been suffering from a dreadfully sore shoulder, radiating intense pain down her arm, debilitating her movements to the extent that she was lain up in bed.  I think of how hard that would be, to want to get up and do what needs to get done but not being able to.  Then there's me, having one of those days that I just don't want to do it.  I didn't want to go down and do my workout.  I was ready with all the excuses.  So what made me go down and do them this morning?  For the same reason that I don't stay up until 3 am -- I don't want to have to deal with the consequences.  I don't want to have to give myself the talk about why I didn't get it done today.  So I just went down and did it.

I still enjoyed Cardio 2.  I sweat as much as I ever do, and paid particular attention to my form.  My burpees are getting easier with bringing my feet up to my hands.

I need to make a clarification.  I had thought about this when I was in bed last night, that this is not the end of Phase 2.  No, that doesn't happen until next Weds.  This week will just be a regular weigh in, but I may do other measurements as well.  And I'm a bit relieved to know that I have one more week on me to lose some weight, as this month has been so stagnant!  I could and should do better.

Since I was not so good on the weekend in terms of food, I made myself stay on track today.

Breakfast I made myself a fried egg with three slices of turkey bacon (total cals 145) with a coffee and an oatmeal chocolate chip muffin (cals inc coffee and muffin are 383).  It was satisfying, although for the morning I would have preferred a blueberry banana muffin.  I have some bananas that have ripened so may bake a batch tonight.

Morning snack I grabbed a granola bar (est 215 cals) made by my mum-in-law.  These are supposed to be for Isaac, but I thought he wouldn't mind if I had one!  I had to enter a generic item into my calorie counter at MFP, since I do not have the recipe.

Lunch was my Tomato, Avocado and Cheddar Pita -- still so yum, although I forgot to add salt & pepper.  It is great with that little kick.  I also had a small coffee from Timmies with 2 milk in it, just before lunch.

For afternoon snack, I had an oatmeal chocolate chip muffin to help with my sweet tooth, and then I held off until dinner.





I made the kids some mashed potatoes with meatballs and gravy and lindenberry sauce (c/o Ikea).  For hubby and I, I prepared Grilled Lemon Chicken with a Creamy Cucumber Salad.  I must apologize for not taking a pic here... perhaps I was too hungry!

Not a bad day, and I am enjoying the increased cals, but need to watch my chocolate cravings and sneaking.  Yesterday I polished off one of the kids easter bunnies.  I'm addicted.

Tomorrow I rest.

Night night,
Peach

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the kind words! Glad you were able to turn your thoughts into action!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to be like Nike & "Just Do It!" Sometimes it is that way. We can't always rely on wanting to do the work, because we are human. We are going to get tired, crabby, de-motivated, etc. But we make the choice to ignore all of that & do the work needed. THAT'S how we achieve our goals! Congratulations to you...and your food choices look wonderful.

    ReplyDelete