Tuesday 10 April 2012

Day 42 of 90

Get ready for change; Not every day will come at you as expected!

Rest Day!

Ahhh, love the rest days!  I usually try to do something on rest days, but I feel like my outlook is changing.  It`s a day of rest, so I will rest!  No walking for me today.

So, my weigh in is tomorrow, but I completed measurements and weight today.  It has been a stagnant few weeks... Over the past two weeks, my weight has increased by 2lbs to 174, but I have lost half an inch on my waist and half an inch on my hips.

I`ve been doing a lot of research on the value of eating enough calories, and have decided that after three weeks of no weight loss, I need a change.  I think I have been eating too few calories daily, and then when I splurge a bit on Fridays my body holds onto the calories.  So, going forward I will be following JMs meal plan but will increase my cals so that my net caloric intake is approximately 1700 daily.  So, on days that I exercise, I will eat more to eat back some of those calories, so that I net approximately 1700.

I identified that my BMR is 1509 calories.  This is the minimum calories that my body needs each day to function.  When I add in my overall activity level (I am moderately active being a mom of three, exercising most days of the week, and playing competitive sports), then my daily caloric needs increases to about 2025 per day.  According to `Fat2Fit` website, this is my ideal caloric intake.  If I consume this many calories every day, even on days when I do exercise, I will eventually reach my optimal weight.  When I reach my optimal weight, this will continue to be my required calories.  If I want to lose weight, I can decrease this amount by 15 or 20%.  This is how I get to 1700 cals per day, so that is what I am now aiming for.  It means I will take in more healthy calories during the day, and I will continue to report on my progress.  Nothing else will change in my program!

Today`s meals were great.  Breakfast was, once again, a Blueberry Banana Muffin with a coffee.  For lunch I, once again, had a Tomato, Avocado and Cheddar Pita.  In addition to the pita, I ate a half serving of sausage penne, which William didn`t finish at lunch today.









Snack was a new one... an empire apple served with a tablespoon of almond butter, along with a non-fat latte.  It was a quick and satisfying snack.  Total cals were 200.
 Dinner was a Thai Green Curry Chicken served with Thai Spaghetti Squash (total cals 330).  It is not a very high calorie meal, but I love the sweetness blended with the spice.  It is a mix of curry and coconut oil and coconut milk.  Satisfying and does not take too long to make.  In fact, it was about 30 minutes from start to finish.  Both recipes are in Jillian`s meal plan.  The recipe calls for fish, but I replaced the fish with chicken, as I`ve had it before with the fish, but would prefer chicken.  I think it tastes much better with chicken, very tender and juicy.





I am very excited to start Workout 7 tomorrow.  Others who are ahead of me in the program have stated it was a killer ab workout, and although a great burn, was also satisfying.  I feel like waking up early to accomplish this, so perhaps after the 6 or 7 am feed in the morning, I will head straight down to work it!

I cannot wait to tell you all how it goes.

Thank you for coming on this journey with me.

Nighty night,
Peach

3 comments:

  1. I'm very interested to hear how upping the calories goes for you. I've heard about people who plateau because of too few calories but I have no idea how that works. I hope you have a blast with workout 7. I'm still sore!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So interested to hear how the increased calories work for you. I have definitely experienced the plateau because of not eating enough. I really want to try the thai chicken w/spahgetti squash. Glad to hear you like it so much!

    Congrats on the lost inches!! That is so awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your 2 lb weight gain could also be a result of more muscle. Way to go with the Inch lost! I too am interested in seeing how upping the calories works for you.

    ReplyDelete