Monday 9 April 2012

Day 41 of 90

I love the high that exercising provides!

Today's Workout: Cardio 2

I tried to push the up button today on my Cardio.  I was red-faced for a solid hour after completing it!  I pushed as hard as I could give.  Those plyo-squats.... I went low and pushed myself up quickly.  I felt a solid burn.  The workout was satisfying to say the least.  After the cardio, I took the kids for a walk to the grocery store to fill up on some more produce.  I usually put William at the back of the stroller and push both kids since it allows me to go much faster, and I get my heartrate up.  My legs still feel jiggly from all the activity today!

I want to make a shout out to those who take the time to comment and let me know that you are out there and reading this.  I have 49 more days to go in this program, and I feel like you are right there with me in this journey.  I wish you all the success for you in your daily battle!

Food was great today.  I moved away from muffins and had Steel Cut Oats with Apples for breakfast this morning.  It has a nutty flavour since it is boiled in 1/2 almond milk and 1/2 water.  I use the old-fashioned oats which have a chewy and nutty texture to begin with.  The apples and maple syrup sweeten the oats without adding brown sugar and milk.  My husband also really enjoyed breakfast.  I stayed satisfied all morning with this one!  Total cals 272.

 

Lunch was a repeat of yesterday.  The modified Tomato, Avocado and Cheddar Burrito.  I use 20g of marble cheddar on this one, but could easily do with just 10g.  That would drop the cals by 40.  Total cals on this is 309.  Scroll to yesterdays post for a pic.

Afternoon snack I made up Garlic Pita Chips and served it alongside some roasted garlic hummus.  This one really satisfied the salty-crunchy crave.  One serving is 1/4 of a pita, which is 3 pita chips.  I had about three servings of chips for total cals of 162.  The hummus was another 70 cals.  This recipe can be made ahead of time and stored in a container for easy snacks later in the week.

Dinner was the Lamb Skewers and Plums with some summer asparagus soup.  I used Campbell's Gardennay soup that is premade, total cals in a cup of soup is about 90.  The lamb skewers are about 4oz of grilled lamb, rubbed in a mixture of cocao, cinnamon, thyme and cloves.  Lamb is so good because it comes out incredibly tender.  Total cals for dinner was 377.



 After dinner, I took in a half of a cinnamon bun since I felt I needed extra cals.  My net cals for today are just under 1,000.  I am still in debate as to whether I should have a bit extra on days when I exercise.  My weight really has been quite stagnant over the past two weeks.  But I've been splurging a bit on weekends... After being good all week, is it that my body holds on to those easy calories on the weekend?  Weight loss is such a journey!  I will weigh in and do measurements on Weds, and tomorrow is my rest day before starting the second part of Phase 2.


Nighty Night,
Peach

No comments:

Post a Comment