Monday 9 April 2012

Day 40 of 90

Spending time with family and friends, slows me down and reminds me why I want to live a long and healthy life.

Today's Workout: Workout 6

Happy Easter Sunday to all!  I am a day late in writing this post, and missed Saturday.  That's the drawback of special occasions!  While my eating was for the most part, off of the plan, I remained true to my daily workouts.  I cannot believe that I am done Workout 6 for good!  I love these transitions to new parts of the program.  Progress is good.

Nothing new to say about the program here.  I worked harder than ever on this one, and I felt it for the remainder of the day.  I still try to get my exercises done as early as possible in the day so that I don't have to worry about it later on.  It helps to schedule it in.

In terms of food, I started the day with a Blueberry Banana Muffin and two cups of coffee... usual fare.


Lunch was a modified recipe, since I had no more tortillas (grocery shopping will be done Monday).  So I made a modified Tomato, Avocado and Cheddar Burrito by broiling it on a whole wheat pita and folding over rather than rolling.  Tasty!  One of my new faves, and comes in at 306 cals.









In order to sway any chocolate cravings I may have later in the day, I had a frozen Chocolate Banana Pop for snack on our way over to mum's for Easter dinner.  It may have helped, since I didn't sneak any other chocolates.  My goal for this week, is no off-menu items; no sneaking food or bites.  Let's see if I can undo some of my Easter damage.

Here is a pic of the older boys searching for eggs at Grandma and Grandpapa's.

Dinner, I failed to get a pic again, was a roasted lamb with oven-roasted potatoes, braised leeks with tomatoes, and asparagus.  How satisfying!  Dessert was an angel food cake with a lemon cheese layer and fresh berries.  Altogether not a bad dinner in terms of calories.  It was the Lindt chocolate bunny that did me in at 525 cals!  I hope it is out of my system now!  That along with the wine may set me back, so I need to be sure that I am focussed for the rest of the week.

Enjoy your day!

Peach

1 comment:

  1. Every time I see that avacado wrap I think "I need to make that!" Maybe this weekend. I have a serious leftovers issue!

    I can't wait to hear what you think of workout 7. The first circuit is by far the hardest but so good!

    ReplyDelete