Sunday 25 February 2018

FHHM - Week 7 Update and Results

Woot! Woot! End of week seven!

This is great, but also sad.  It means that there is just one week left of the program (yay!) but also that I go back to work in a week (yikes!).  This brings to an end my very last parental leave.  I've loved staying at home with the kids.  It was challenging for the first eight months or so, but I've gotten the hang of it and I know I will miss the flexibility that it provides.  On the other hand, getting back to work will give me some much needed predictability in my life.  Kids just don't offer predictability. :)

Did I make this big mess?
Crazy hair day at school (Geoffrey, William)


The Workouts

Maddie not feeling well
Unfortunately, both Madeleine and I were sick with the flu this week.  It started on Monday, with fevers that didn't break until Wednesday.  I didn't notice having a fever, but I was hot and cold and not at all comfortable.  Needless to say that I didn't do any of the workouts except for an attempt at the 100 toes to head on Wednesday.  And, I would not be happy if I missed the weekly run trial, so on Saturday I completed the planned 10K, and it was awesome!  I was so close to talking myself out of it and am happy that I followed through.  In fact, I finished the run just eight seconds short of my previous 10K record!





The results of my first 10K since Feb 2016... so happy I did it!

The Food

Red Curry Chicken
My food was great this week.  I did not go off Keto, but I am definitely following the Keto diet and not the extreme diet.  I did try on Monday to go back to extreme but found myself too hungry, too cranky, and sick!  That doesn't work for me.  I need to feel satisfied by food, and eating this way satisfies me so I don't have those awful cravings and end up making poor choices (ie. binge-eating).

The photo here is of one of my favourite go-to dishes... Red Curry with Chicken!  It's served with cauliflower rice.  Since I can use coconut milk, it tastes just like the ones I enjoyed prior to the change in diet, just many fewer calories.  So yum!



The Results

Although I was sick, I didn't have a reduction in my appetite, I just felt unable to do the workouts.  It seemed to trigger my whoosh and I've lost a couple more pounds.  Finally!  It seemed like I was stalled for about four weeks.  With one week left to go, I won't get to the 175 that I wanted (would have been 25lbs lost in 8 weeks) but I do think I'll make it 180, making it a 20lb loss in just eight weeks.  Right now, I'm sitting at a loss of just over sixteen pounds in seven weeks.



The best part is that I do feel so great.  No cravings, lots of energy.  I've accomplished so much with the house getting it cleaned up before I go back to work. 

I'm really excited to finish this last week and to share my results with you.  Hope you all have a fantastic week ahead!

Nighty night,
Peach

 

No comments:

Post a Comment