Sunday 15 April 2012

Day 46 of 90

This is not about deprivation; it's about making choices.

Today's Workout: Workout 7

I want to put a shout out to my readers -- thank you for continuing to encourage and inspire me.  You are making this journey most enjoyable!

I'm posting this one a day late as I was out late last night and have had a non-stop day.  Yesterday we were with great friends celebrating the engagement of two of our dearest (congrats D and R!!).  I said in my inspiration above that it's not about deprivation, it's about making choices, and the reason I say this is because on this journey it is not about what I am giving up.  Because I am not giving up anything!  I am making smarter choices, I am not over-indulging, but I certainly am ENJOYING.

Yesterday I stayed on track during the day, knowing that my evening food and drink would be unpredictable.  I made great choices during the day to keep my energy levels high and feeling great.  At the party, I had a couple of Rum Punches (very yum, both batches!)  and enjoyed a bit of everything at the food table.  Did I feel deprived?  Absolutely not.  Did I make good choices?? I believe I did, because I stayed within my bounds and I enjoyed myself.

I was back at Workout 7 yesterday.  I tried so hard to keep from modifying, but it's very very difficult.  I did better than the first time though.  I pushed through the Crow Pushups, I  pushed through the one-legged pushups.  I found it difficult to do the push ups after the cardio move, mainly because the cardio was also in a held plank position.

It was a perfect Saturday, I hope you all enjoyed yours.

Breakfast: Oatmeal Chocolate Chip muffin and coffee
Lunch: Chicken Salad with Red Grapes and Pecans on whole grain bread
Snack: Oatmeal Chocolate Chip muffin and a non-fat latte
Dinner: A variety of crackers, bread, some cheese and dip, veggies, and a couple dessert squares

Peach

No comments:

Post a Comment