Monday 23 April 2012

Day 55 of 90

Phase 2 is complete!  I am on a personal journey to get fit and I am making progress!

Today's Workout: Cardio 2

Say goodbye to Cardio 2.  I will never have to do that one again.  It was a good one, but I also hear great things about Cardio 3.  Would I say I was ready for the next phase...?  Yes, I will take it as it comes and am excited!

Today was good.  I did not have an opportunity to work out this morning as we all slept in.  Like hibernating bears we were.  The day passed and I finally took some time to do my exercises after G and W were in bed, around 7:30.  It feels harder to workout in the evening, as though it takes a bit longer to get into it.  But there's no changing the feel good moment when the work is done and cool down begins.  Take a deep meditative breath, you deserve it!

Food was great for the most part.  I do not even want to confess, but I know I need to.  I was bang on for my meals.  I still have two servings left of steel cut oats, so I had one this morning with some brown sugar and 2% milk.  For lunch I took some leftover beef bourguignon made for dinner a couple nights ago.  This time I served it with brown rice and came in at about 350 cals.  This is when the problems started... and I ate 16 (that's a one and a six, put together) sandwich cookies.  Um, that's a lot of cookies.  And it was as though I was doing it so fast, grabbing one then two, and taking a bite like it was nothing.  I mentioned I'm addicted to sweets right?  So before I knew it, I ate that many, and laid down on the couch while my children ran circles around the room asking me to play.  What had I done?  I was in no state to be running and playing!  Is this a lesson learned? ... perhaps.  All I know is I need to shake it off and do better tomorrow.

Dinner was Barley Soup with Shiitake Mushrooms and Turkey Sausage (leftovers frozen from a previous batch).  The soup is terrific and it froze well.  I defrosted a bit in the microwave then poured into a saucepan and heated on the stove.  

So tomorrow is my rest day, and my measurement day, we will see what this phase has done to me!

Nighty night,
Peach

2 comments:

  1. 16 cookies -- we have ALL been there. The rest of your day sounds like it was great, though! Focus on those and let the cookies go!

    Good luck on your measurements, and enjoy your rest day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stay focused on the good stuff - - there's a lot of it!!

    That sugar addiction is a tough one. I am not able to eat just 1 or 2 cookies...so I don't eat them at all. I may not eat 16 cookies (or I might!), but 1 sugary snack leads to another, and another, and another for me. I've definitely been there!

    Here's to Phase 3! Can't wait to hear what you think of the workouts.

    ReplyDelete