Sunday 1 April 2012

Day 33 of 90

Today's Workout: Workout 6

I have received comments and posts from friends and other readers of my blog, telling me of how my 90 Day Revolution is inspiring them.  What a privilege that is to hear!  So, I was thinking about what I could offer you, my readers, as I make this journey and I decided that I would like to offer you My Daily Inspiration.  As I go about my day, I will seek out the inspiration in the mundane and share this with you.  The point is to show you that inspiration may come in many shapes and sizes and forms, and that it surrounds you.  So, beginning today, at the beginning of my post, I will share with you My Daily Inspiration.

That feel-good moment when you have to tighten the straps on your tank.

In terms of workout 6, I love the back and bicep days.  But I had forgotten a few moves since doing the workout for the first time.  Circuit 1 is difficult, especially as it transitions into an also (but not quite so much as Circut 1) difficult Circuit 2.  I cannot recall which circuit the Rockstars are in, but that is a difficult move, and I am grateful to be working out in the basement and not upstairs.  Even so, I still worry I am going to crash through the concrete floor below me.  Yikes.  I realize that JM is now training the same muscle group in subsequent moves, which is very difficult, especially when working the arms.  Circuit 1 is a perfect point in case, as we progress from one shoulder and arm workout right back into plank-ups.

Our new Dempsters toaster and egg poacher

Blueberry Banana Muffin and coffee (210 cals)
Mediterranean Tuna Salad Wrap (309 cals)
On the menu today, breakfast was a Blueberry Banana Muffin with a coffee (on the menu today!).  Lunch was the Mediterranean Tuna Salad Wrap.  It was my first time making it, but loved the flavour.  I had thought that it would be dry and lifeless without the mayo (it's held together with lemon juice and olive oil), but instead I found it perfectly balanced with the egg, capers and onion.   I also used one 10" tortilla rather than the 6", and put the figures into MFP recipe to recalculate cals per serving.  It came out to 309 cals for each wrap.


Snack was a german waffle which was given to us from mum-in-law upon returning from the area.  It has about 200 cals per biscuit.

We all went bowling this afternoon, since the kids were a bit restless thanks to the cooler weather.  I had a bottled water while out, and when we got back I went upstairs for a nap.  Hubby made dinner tonight, and I partook in that.  I kept portions in check... consists of a mild italian sausage, roasted asparagus and oven roasted potatoes.  Total cals was about 429 (no pic).



That's it for now.  I am happy tomorrow is Monday, it's much easier to stay on track during the week.

Nighty night!

Peach
My kids (taken yesterday afternoon)

2 comments:

  1. Hey!I found your blog via Catherine's. I'm glad to hear a positive review about the tuna wraps. I haven't tried them yet, but I was also worried they'd be a bit dry. Now I can't wait to taste them.

    Your combo toaster and egg poacher is awesome! I've never seen one of those before!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just found your blog, too! My husband and I also love those tuna wraps. The taste and texture is just perfect. A really wonderful non-mayo tuna salad.

    You are 1/3rd of the way through this program! WOW! Congratulations on your progress. I'm looking forward to following your success.

    ReplyDelete