Tuesday 3 April 2012

Day 35 of 90

Husband telling me I look great when he walks in the door getting home after work.


Rest Day!

It's going to be hard to beat yesterday, and it was!  Today began splendidly, I followed the meal plan for breakfast (yummy Pumpkin Cranberry Muffin with coffee).  I suppose the problem began with lunch as I was out with mum-in-law looking at wallpaper borders.  The time happened to span over lunch and she suggested that since we were not quite done our errands that we should grab lunch.  She let me choose, and I chose Cora's.  Little did I know that there was no nutrient information on the Cora's website so I have no real idea how many calories I had.



I selected the salmon skillet for lunch.  It came with a cup of vegetable soup, with a clear broth.  The skillet was served with a garden salad and balsamic vinaigrette (1tsp).  I unfortunately did not get a picture as I didn't have my camera with me in the restaurant.  I entered details into MFP and it totaled about 469 cals.  Seems reasonable.

So I skipped snack this afternoon.

Then, I binged.  I grabbed a handful of chocolate chips (semisweet, totalled 210 cals).  Then I opened up some pop tarts and ate those.  I've got to get rid of those high calorie, non-satisfying, waste of space in my cupboard!   400 cals later, I determined I cannot even have dinner tonight thanks to my binging.

So I'm sitting here sipping on water and watching my Tues night programming.  I have noticed that on days when I binge eat, I'm not drinking as much water as on days that I am following my meal plan.  Is there a correlation between the two?  If I drink more water during the day am I less likely to binge in the afternoon?

It's time to put the theory to the test!  Back to Workout 5 tomorrow, I'm ready to rock it!

Peach

4 comments:

  1. I think drinking water really does keep you feeling full and less likely to binge eat. Your doing fine Jessica - everyone deserves a down day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck. I'm learning that trying to skip a meal or snack to stockpile the calories leads to binge city for me. I have a feeling tomorrow is going to be awesome. Also I'm jealous of the coffee. There's nine at my moms place.

    ReplyDelete
  3. None, not nine. Argh phone. I must have fat fingers. Haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jessica. If you've read any of my blog, you'll know that I constantly deal with bingeing / emotional eating. I definitely have noticed a relationship between dehydration & bingeing. I also find that skipping meals, as Catherine mentions, leads to overeating without a doubt.

    You can't undo the damange by not eating for the remainder of the day - this is actually a really dangerous cycle to enter into. I've found myself thinking that because I inhaled 500 unplanned, un-nutritious calories in the early afternoon, I can just skip my nutritious, healthy, fuel-providing dinner and be "fine". While the caloric content may equal out, it is not the same to your body. In the future, I'd recommend a smaller, healthy meal in the evening to tide you over to the next day, and yes, LOTS of water helps. One day (even a few days) of overeating isn't going to derail your plans.

    On a happy note, congrats on the compliment from your husband!! How awesome is THAT?!?! And it sounds like you chose wonderfully at the restaurant. Great job!

    ReplyDelete