Thursday 26 April 2012

Day 58 of 90

The better I feel about myself, the more positive people get drawn to me.

Today's Workout: Workout 10

I forgot to mention that workout 9 made me sweat like nobody's business, even though there were no insane cardio moves.  Workout 10 also made me sweat like nobody's business, even though I had to modify lots of the moves.  First move in the warmup just about killed me... as my Rockstars came back.  In today's workout, every move has an up button, and I pushed it where I could.  I used my 3's, 5's, 7's and the resistance band today.  I found each of the cardio intervals very challenging, and there is certainly room for improvement as I progress in this Phase.  There were some moves I could not complete... I had to modify.  I will get it though, by the end of this phase, I will be able to do it all unmodified.  That's my goal!

Today I was in high spirits.  I smile more at people and they are more receptive it seems.  For example, William and I went to the grocery store today, and he turned his sweater into a cape and ran beside the stroller like Superman.  A lady looked over to me very amused and said 'That's a lovely cape!' and William smiled very big.  In fact, as I was walking away she was still talking about how great it looked.  As we went down the row looking for the Bear Paw aisle, I noted the next one said 'Cookies' and a man exiting from that aisle looked at me and said 'Oh, now he knows!' as though there was no escaping running down the cookie aisle.  It made me laugh out loud since most of the time people tend to keep to themselves, and this was just awesome.

I am attributing these events to my restfulness and positive attitude I carried today.  That comes from following through on my tasks, and carrying hope for the future.  I believe, I believe, I believe.

Breakfast this morning was coffee with a Banana Chocolate Chip muffin, warmed up in the microwave, making it ooey and gooey.  I was able to tackle my workout just after breakfast and then came up to give baby his bath and feed.  During the feed, I had a scoop of protein whey powder (light chocolate flavoured) with some skim milk (1 cup).

For lunch, I made a Frittata with Spinach, Peppers and Feta.  I modified this Jillian Michaels recipe by using one egg plus 1/4 cup of egg whites to bulk it up.  Essentially getting two servings of this meal, very satisfying, but without extra cals.  Total cals for this meal is 354.

Afternoon snack I kept my cravings at bay by having some Trail Mix (2 tablespoons each of almonds, sunflower seeds and chocolate chips) and a nonfat latte.



Unfortunately I did not have dinner tonight as it was school dance time!!  Oh yes, the parents get down with the kids at this seasonal party!  Since I am treasurer of the school council, I provide floats and am on-hand to assist wherever help is needed.  So while there I assisted my children with the eating of bake table items that they couldn't finish.  All in all, it ended up being one piece of lemon loaf cake, 5/6ths of a mini raspberry tart, and half a small bag of Doritos.  Yum!  Total cals were just under 400 and I am considering that my dinner.

So here we are.  Tomorrow I do cardio 3 for the first time.  Excited? YES!!

Also, a forewarning, that this weekend we are travelling to Cambridge to celebrate my Nephews First Communion.  I will be doing Workout 9 Sat morning before we leave, will take weights for workout 10 at the hotel, and will do Cardio 3 when I return on Monday.  But I will most likely not be able to post my blog..  I will see if I can set up mobile blogging...

Take time for yourself, see you tomorrow!

Nighty night,
Peach

2 comments:

  1. My buns were sore for two whole days after workout 10. All those weighted jumps. It's awesome! I'm glad you had such a great day. Have a good trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your good mood is contagious - - thank you for sharing! I agree that when we feel good about ourselves, we smile more and people feel more open to us. That feeds right back into the good feelings and promotes more smiling. Wonderful!

    I wish I had a cape & could run up and down the aisles at the grocery store...would that be weird?? :)

    ReplyDelete