Monday 29 January 2018

FHHM - Week 4 begins!

If you've been following my posts, you may take a second look at my post heading.  My weeks have been starting on Friday.  However, my birthday lasted waaay too long!  Outings on Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday AND Saturday.  I needed a bit of a rest and so fell a couple days behind from my traditional weekly start day of Friday.

But, this is a good thing.  I realized today as I completed week 4's first workout, that it is meant to start on a Monday, with the 5K time trial being done on either Saturday or Sunday. So here we are.  Beginning of Week 4.


The Workout

The first workout this week was an interval training set.  400 metres done four times with medicine ball squats between each run.  I was able to take the run outdoors as we have a street nearby that has been cleared of all the nasty ice and snow.  It was about -10C with the wind chill, but I was fine with a scarf over my nose and mouth and a little hat. 

The run felt really good after so many days without solid exercise.

The Food

Though I've been eating out a lot over the last many days, I've been working hard to stay low carb and I do think I have.  I've been researching a lot about Keto and the more I read the more I like what I hear.  Many people on the keto diet do eventually start reintroducing more carbs back in and their bodies can tolerate it. One more reason why I think it is so sustainable over the long term.

My meals have been nothing short of fantastic.  Suzanne Ryan's recipes are simple and I would not be understating it when I say the dishes are MAGNIFICENT!  Take the red curry chicken served with cauliflower rice.  It was a bit spicy, a touch sweet, with subtle hints of the coconut milk.  Tonight's dinner was chicken cordon bleu, breaded in crumbled pork rinds and parmesan cheese. Tasty and satisfying.

I'm so looking forward to continuing on this journey. 

Nighty night!

Peach

2 comments:

  1. That makes sense. Now your 5K's will be on the weekend instead of on volleyball night. Good choice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! It was a very good week, somehow simplified everything. :)

    ReplyDelete