Thursday 12 April 2012

Day 44 of 90

The soreness in my body means I am changing.  For the better.

Todays Workout: Workout 8

When I began this program, I thought to myself this was going to be easy.  It's 90 days.  I can do anything for 90 days.  Tomorrow when I wake up, I will be halfway through the program.  HALFWAY!  The time has flown by, or rather, life has flown by just as it usually does.  I am so grateful that I have begun this process of change.  Tonight at volleyball one of my lovely lady friends told me that I look better than I did than before I even got pregnant.  I must say, my weight is comparable, but perhaps it's the muscle that makes me look more toned.  It's funny, but it doesn't matter how much I weigh, I always feel I look the same.  I couldn't see the thirty extra pounds I was carrying on me, but it was there.  And now I see the negative space of that weight (for all of you artists out there).  I can see what's not there, and that's how I know progress is being made.  My pants are looser in the thighs and in the waist.  Progress is being made.

I loved today's workout.  I loved it more than yesterday's workout.  I am stiff and sore from yesterdays ab and quad workout, and now I am stiff and sore from my shoulder and back workout of today.  I was able to push the up button on some of the moves today, even though it was my first time.  The circuits were quick, with no hard-breathing cardio segments.  Although, we did Suicide's in the first circuit, but it didn't wind me the way it did when I was in cardio 1.  Progress is being made.

My favourite move in this workout is the Weighted Warrior 3, that entire circuit is brilliant.  It burns in just the right way.  It's doable, and I can push further if needed.  I enjoyed the sweat that this workout provided.  I love how hard Jillian made me work.  Progress is being made.

I weighed myself this morning and found that I have dropped another pound.  I am now 170.5.  I ate my full calories today to net out at 1700.  That is alot of food, but I make it work by adding a morning snack, which is generally a protein shake after working out, and adding a bit to my lunch and dinner.  I also can add an evening snack if needed.  It is nice to have more play room.

I made breakfast this morning.  Two Eggo Plus Whole Wheat waffles, with Jillians Berry Maple Syrup.  Total cals were 270, and very tasty at that.  In the meal plan provided, Jillian has a recipe for multigrain pancakes which are served with the berry maple syrup, but in favour of time I used the eggo's instead.  The berry's and syrup simply cook on the stovetop for a few minutes until it is thickened and sweetened the berries.  Quick, and yum.

I had a Chocolate Strawberry shake after my workout in the morning.  Love how slow I can sip this, and how satisfying it is after a workout.

I changed up lunch a bit and followed the meal plan by having the Grilled Haddock with Berry Ginger Salsa and Couscous with Parsnips and Carrots.  So satisfying, and from start to finish takes less than 30 minutes to prepare.


 


I enjoyed an Oatmeal Chocolate Chip muffin with my latte this afternoon.  I replugged in the recipe into MFP since I make it without walnuts, and it turns out that total cals for the muffin is only about 230, not 280 as I was previously recording.  Way better!

Dinner was Turkey Burgers with Black Bean Salsa along with oven roasted Brussel Sprouts and Carrots.  This recipe was from Jillian's Quickstart your Metabolism.  I served it on buns for the kids and my husband, and while I made four servings total (one for each of us), they all wanted seconds!  I didn't realize it would be such a hit, especially from kids that don't usually eat their meat!

 

I'm feeling a bit long-winded today.  I am ready for cardio 2 again tomorrow.  Oh yes... we didn't win in our finals tonight... at least, we didn't win first, but it was a rocking season.  This year we got t-shirts!  Next up, I captain our summer beach team, and we play Monday nights beginning May 28th.  I cannot wait to get my feet in the sand.

Nighty night,
Peach

1 comment:

  1. You know what I love about workout 8? The weighted good mornings. It's such a great stretch for the hammies and so nice after the hard work of warrior 3. I have to admit, I really liked warrior 3 today too. It was hard, but that's what gets results! Congrats on the halfway point!

    ReplyDelete