Friday 11 May 2012

Days 72 and 73 - Giving up is not an option

Even if I can't do something, I can do SOME of it.  I can do the best I can do for the moment, and it's enough.

Yesterday's Workout: Workout 12; Today's Workout: Cardio 3

Oh, my.   I love workout 12.  The perfect blend of difficult with focused moves.  Some moves were completely off the radar.  I am thinking of the Reverse Pushups (or are these the Wheel Pushups)?  Either way, I start on my back and try to do a push up this way.  I unfortunately cannot lift my body in this position, so I flipped back to doing straight up military pushups.  And I almost couldn't complete those!  I am a work in progress.

I was scared that abs weren't going to get a viewing in this workout, but my Jillian pulled through and abs made an appearance.  I loved the Star with the Hollow Man (like Snow Angels).  I could do those.  I loved how the cardio sequences were just right, not too cardio extreme but enough to pump my heart.  I did love this workout.

Today's cardio was bang on.  I used weights when I first began (just 3s) so that for the first eight moves or so I had weights in my hands.  But I worked up such a sweat by the end of the first circuit that I dropped the weights going forward.  Perhaps I will add them for longer next time.  The difficulty is that there are so many plank moves in this series that I cannot hold weights the entire time.

I am looking forward to completing this phase.  2.5 weeks to go!

I am already making plans for when I finish.  I play beach volleyball on Monday nights, softball on Sundays, and I think I will start the 30 Day Shred on June 1st, or June 10th (depends on if I need a little break).

In terms of food, I feel like I've been in control of meals, except for the 14 cookies I ate this afternoon.  Talk about deja vu.  Killed about 1100 of my daily calories (and that's A LOT!).  Stop it Jessica, stop it!!  We all go through this, we do get beyond it.  It's my way of saying I'm in control of my body.  Ha!  Take that!  I can still eat 14 cookies if I want to, and you can't do anything to stop me.  Jessica, get over it!

Yesterdays meals include

Breakfast: Tim Hortons egg white breakfast sandwich with ham and cheese, medium coffee with 2 milk
Lunch: slice of whole wheat bread with butter, 1 cup of arugula, cherry tomatoes, celery, prosciutto
Dinner: Boston Pizza Lemon Salmon with grilled vegetables, 3 all meat chicken wings and 2 slices of pulled pork pizza

Todays meals

Breakfast: Slice of whole grain toast with peanut butter, 1 cup of Acai Fruit smoothie
Lunch: Can of vegetable fiesta soup with 1/2 whole grain tomato sandwich with havarti
PM Snack: 14 flipping raspberry creme cookies
Dinner: Um, is it bad to say nothing.... ?

So today was really bad in terms of accomplishing my goals, but tomorrow has to be better.  It will be.  Stay tuned, keep with it.  Each day is progress :)

Nighty night,
Peach

2 comments:

  1. Jessica, you always make me laugh. I missed reading about your journey yesterday and realized how much I look forward to reading it each day. You are on the final stage. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the star move too. It makes me feel like my an strength has really improved. Keep up the great work. Your positive attitude is contagious.

    ReplyDelete