Monday 21 May 2012

Day 83 - Happy Victoria Day!

End of week 12.  This means I am one week away from finishing my program!  

Today's Workout: Cardio 3

This workout is meant to make you sweat!  It also helps that it is 30 degrees outside and sunny, and no a/c turned on yet so the house is quite warm.  This means I sweat even more!  I did it all.  I pushed hard, each move, I didn't miss a beat.  It was well worth it because I burned close about 550 calories.  It feels so good to finish.  This is what is driving me to the finish line.  The satisfaction of completion.  Where are you on your journey?  What is your finish line?



I had a satisfying day for meals.  Breakfast began with coffee and a Blueberry Banana muffin.  I took these up to the cottage on the weekend and mum had one - she said she liked them very much!  Now, I just need to send her the recipe.


For lunch I used up some mushrooms, red onion, green pepper and prepared an omelette, with a quarter cup of shredded four cheese blend.  I fill the omelette using egg whites which is a great lower-cal option to fill up on.  Also, lots of veggies helps.  The omelette came in at 300 calories and was very filling.

No afternoon snack today, unless you count the Smirnoff Ice I had after gardening.  Something so satisfying about a cold bottle after working outside and working up a sweat!

Dinner was outdoors tonight since it was so hot in the house.  I prepared hamburgers served with sauteed onions and mushrooms, sliced cheddar, tomatoes, onions, and bbq sauce.  I also served a caesar salad prepared with calorie-wise caesar dressing, real bacon bits and parmesan.  On top of this, I had a corn on the cob with melted butter and salt.  Oh, it was satisfying.  It was a wonderful Victoria day.

I would also like to welcome Prince Charles and Camilla to Canada... I hope that you enjoy your visit!

Nighty night,
Peach

2 comments:

  1. Wow - - your last week already? What will be next for you? Food looks awesome. I cannot wait to try the blueberry banana muffins. I may make some to bring out of town with me this weekend, too. I have the bananas to use up - how do you think they'd be with raspberries instead?

    I love adding egg whites to my omelets, too! You just get so much volume for very little calorie add. Right up my alley! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. All your food looks so yummy! I'm having the banana blueberry muffins again today too. They're definitely a keeper recipe. I messed them up this time though because I forgot the oil! I mixed them up and they were dry so I added milk but then remembered the oil once they were in the oven. Doh!

    ReplyDelete