Wednesday 9 May 2012

Day 71 - New workout, inspires me to finish strong!

A day of good is often followed by another day of good.  It's just so addictive!

Today's Workout: Workout 11

What a workout it is!  I love at the beginning how Jillian says this is probably the hardest workout she's ever put together.  Freaked me out before I even started.  And you know, there were some terrible and difficult moves in there, but I could modify and it gives me something to work towards.  I am less than 3 weeks away from finishing.  How fast does the time go?!  (That's a lot rhetorical)

The warmup was good.  I could do all of it, and nothing stood out.  Circuits 1 and 2 were almost torturous, but do-able.  The scorpion planks... oh my.  I could do the push up and lift my leg back but not sure how far it was coming.  At least I was doing them!  I loved the Statue of Liberty's with a jump in Circuit 3.  I loved all the cardio intervals.  I did not love the Crab Kicks, but I did them.  Some of them at double-time even.  Chatarungas were killer.  As were the Pushups with the Cable (added resistance).  Those were done on my knees, and even then were difficult!  Also, I loved the Planks with Tricep Kickback, and I thought I would dread those.  I'm not a plank girl, but perhaps I'm becoming one.  Is it possible that this program is changing my mindset, changing what I think my body can (and cannot) do?

I ate well today.  A lot of the standards, but they were healthy, and yummy.  My variant would be dinner, which was made for the kids mostly, but I had some.

Tomato and Avocado Pita (306 cals)


Breakfast: Blueberry Banana Muffin, coffee
AM Snack: Scoop of light chocolate protein whey powder with 1 cup of almond milk
Lunch: Tomato and Avocado pita
PM Snack: Some smarties (thanks W!)
Dinner: Cheese tortellini with mixed green/yellow beans, slice of whole wheat bread


Cheese tortellini with Green/Yellow beans (525 cals)




Baby G enjoying his exersaucer



















Back to cardio 3 tomorrow.  We all have dentist appointments first thing in the morning, which means I likely will not get my exercises in until before lunch or the afternoon.  Unless I get them done after the 7am feed.  I would prefer that, but it may not happen.

Have a great day to all.  Remember to make that one choice for the better -- you will know it when it faces you!

Nighty night,
Peach

2 comments:

  1. Ahhhh, success does indeed breed success, doesn't it??!! Wonderful post and wonderful day. Keep it up - - you are headed towards the finish line!

    Love the picture of your Baby G. How cute is that???

    Good luck at the dentist.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe I still haven't tried the tomato and avocado pita. Must do! I really like the scorpion pushups because they're so insane. I really feel it in my abs too. I'm glad you liked this workout as much as I do.

    ReplyDelete