Thursday 24 May 2012

Day 86 - Volunteer Appreciation Breakfast

It`s nice to be recognized for the little things I do for others and the community.  It`s also nice to have my hard work recognized with respect to this body revolution.  I got both today.

Today`s Workout: Workout 12

This morning at 8am was the volunteer appreciation breakfast at my oldest sons school.  Free childcare was provided, and the kids were kept in a separate room no less, so I didn`t even have to think of them as I mingled with friends and had a leisurely breakfast.  If I could do this every day, I would!

After breakfast, myself and a couple other moms walked over to a park for the kids to play for a bit.  William was very helpful with a 19-month old baby boy, helping him up the structure and waiting for him at the bottom of the slide.  I imagine what he will be like for baby G when he gets older.  I also managed to get the front garden done.  All plants planted, beds weeded, soiled, and mulched.  W helped with that as well.  He`s so eager to help, I hope he doesn`t grow out of it.

It was a bit of an off day because of the breakfast.  It means I didn`t have my standard breakfast, and I didn`t get my exercises in this morning.  It also meant G didn`t get his morning nap when he usually does.  I had a strange appetite for lunch but had to run some errands, so we ended up having happy meals again.  Dinner was a mix of crackers with leftover artichoke dip from yesterday along with a blueberry banana muffin.  Weird.

I ended up doing my exercises later in the evening which seems harder.  I had a good burn but kept my modifications as in previous workouts.  I will try to do unmodified for my last time on Sunday.

I`m glad this day is over and I can get ready for the next.  I am aiming for a great sleep tonight, especially since tomorrow is Cardio 3 (brutal!).

One more thing... this evening Isaac had has first soccer game of the season and scored a goal! He was so proud.  Then he play goal for the second half and although he let one in, he saved a few good ones too.

A great day.  Get a good sleep, I`ll see you tomorrow.

Nighty night,
Peach

3 comments:

  1. Time with grownups is so refreshing. Sounds like a wonderful morning. Congrats to Isaac on the goal. There's nothing more exciting than watching your kids do well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like my comment from earlier didn't show up. Anyway, I'm glad you got a chance to hang with the grownups worry-free for a bit. And aren't kid's sports the best? Watching my kids play sports is one of my favorite things about being a mommy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha! There it is. Doy. I'm a commenting fool!

    ReplyDelete