Tuesday 15 May 2012

Day 77 - A well needed rest day

I stayed away from any evening snacks even though my tummy feels like a hollow pit.  I consumed about 1700 calories today, so it's not that I'm hungry, I'm just used to ALWAYS eating.  

Rest Day

Even though it's a rest day, it just means I'm not doing a JM workout.  Today I met my good friend at the park for a coffee while W played.  It is always so nice to do that, so we will make it a weekly visit now that the weather is much better.  We walked over and back, and it was about 25 minutes of brisk walking.

Yesterday while out shopping, I picked up a heart rate monitor watch which calculates calories burned using ECG currents.  I am planning on taking a baseline read over the next week.  I feel it will be an invaluable tool on my weight loss.  I must always eat less than my daily figure shown on the monitor.  I start the timer when I go to sleep and mark down the daily calories burned in my journal.  I will take a daily average.  So far it seems accurate to what other calculators have provided me.  For example, I have one more hour of baseline reading to do tonight, and it shows I have already burned 2,160 calories today.  It will likely end at about 2250, which appears to be in line with my estimates provided by Fat2Fit using a lightly active profile.  That is encouraging.

I was happy with my meals today, mainly because of my lack of evening sweets, which I usually crave.  I held my own and (sort of) happily drank up my water.

Breakfast: Banana Blueberry Muffin with coffee
Lunch: Cheeseburger and apple slices from McD's
PM Snack: Small Timmies Peach Mango fruit smoothie, 1/2 vanilla dip donut
Second PM Snack: 1/4 cup of Mango Acai trail mix
Dinner: Beanies and Weanies

I didn't take much in the form of pictures today.  I hope to get some good sleep and hit Workout 11 hard tomorrow morning.

So my good choice was walking instead of talking the van.  My second good choice was not going down to the freezer to grab a Caramel Drumstick Cone (oh my yum).  What did you do today?

Nighty night,
Peach

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a wonderful day! 2 very excellent choices - - and you forgot the 3rd: buying the HR monitor. Nicely done! I would be lost without mine. I don't use it all day long. But I love knowing how many calories I've burned during my workouts. Keeps me in line...

    Looking forward to hearing about workout 11. I hope it was awesome today.

    ReplyDelete