Wednesday 16 May 2012

Day 78 - Feeling All Right

Last night's demonstration of self-control has increased my appetite... for self-control.

Today's Workout: Workout 11

I am officially in the home-stretch of this program.  Less than two weeks away to finish.  Does it ever come quickly!

What a rockin' day it was!  We had no errands to run, so I was able to putter around the house all day and prepare my report for parent council meeting this evening.  My mom also surprised me by a visit just after lunch and she stayed for afternoon.  Finally!  We were able to catch up and hang out.  I love those visits.  You know how there are just those people that you feel totally comfortable with?  My mom is one of those people, so I feel lucky and blessed to have that.  Part of the desire to have a daughter lies in this connection that I cannot and will not get elsewhere.  I am selfish, and I want to have a connection like that with (and for) my daughter.  I am pleased that we continue to inspire each other to continue with our daily battles of the bulge and moving our bodies into shape.  She is also on a body revolution, and is close to finishing Phase 1 (you can read her blog at www.gwenny61.blogspot.com). 

The workout was great this morning.  I was feeling off with a bit of tickle in my nose and throat, but hot coffee soothed that and I was able to push hard for the workout.  My heart rate monitor told me that I burned about 580 calories doing this workout (way more than MFP's calculator for circuit training).  JMs workouts are incomparable to other workouts in that she forces you to get your heart rate up and keep your heart rate up, even after the workout is finished.  Even after finishing and cooling down, I continued to burn at an accelerated pace while my heart rate slowly came back down to my resting rate.  I burned an additional 100 calories (maybe more), through that.

I continued to modify a couple of the plank moves.  For example, the pushups using the resistance cable I completed fully on my knees.  Same with the chatarunga holds, I did those on my knees as well.  But I still held it, and I still felt it.  I love the way this workout ends with the russian twists and planks with knee raises. Once again, by the end, there was sweat pouring off of me.

I stayed true to my meals today.  Breakfast was a Blueberry Banana Muffin with my coffee.






For lunch I had a can of beef barley soup and half of a grilled havarti with tomato sandwich.  I love the flavour of this sandwich and find the 1/2 size perfect.

Afternoon snack was a nonfat latte with 1/4 cup of mango acai trail mix and a 100-calorie bag of chocolate pretzels.  Dinner was leftover steak with potatoes and veggies.  All these meals were very satisfying.  And I topped it off with a caramel drumstick cone after my meeting (310 cals). My total calories for the day was 1900, before exercise.

Back to workout 12 in the morning.  How will the wheel pushups go?  We will soon find out.  Get your rest so you can take on tomorrow.

Sleep well, nighty night,
Peach

2 comments:

  1. How fun to get the chance to catch up with your mom! And wow, she is doing awesome on Body Revolution. Amazing!

    You sound just great. So healthy & positive. It is contagious! Thanks for sharing through this blog. Keep it up! You have almost reached the finish line of the Body Revolution goal!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Jessica, you are so sweet. Thanks for the kind words and glad to hear you don't mind my little drop-ins. I enjoy them immensely too. I'm going to go out and buy some of those wonderful snacks you have.

    ReplyDelete