Sunday 13 May 2012

Day 75 - A little R&R

Funny thing happened to me in the shower this morning... I didn't wobble or fall when I was washing my feet.  This means I am more balanced.  One leg? No problem!

Today's Workout: Workout 12

Happy Mother's Day!  I hope all the moms out there spent the day happily enjoying the things you love most.  I was awoken this morning to the fire alarm going off as Isaac prepared me blueberry pancakes all on his own (well, daddy was there with him supervising).  I pretended to go back to sleep when they all clamoured up the steps and opened the door to the bedroom figuring out what to do with the tray.  Husband says, "One of you needs to wake her up," and so W puts his head next to mine and says, "Wake up, mommy."  So sweetly.  Hubby remembered coffee and piping hot maple syrup which W warmed up for me.  It was great that it was so hot as it kept the pancakes nice and warm!  Newspaper, coffee, pancakes, fabulous.

I took 45 minutes enjoying breakfast and reading the paper before heading down.  My plan was to feed baby G at 10 and then finish workout 12.  Plan was executed to a T.  I do love this workout.  I love it because it's easy to psyche yourself out of some of the moves, but there's no need to.  At this point I can do them, and if I can't do all of them, I can modify the rest.  Hold onto your seats faithful readers... this morning I was able to complete FOUR of the WHEEL PUSHUPS in each set.  I felt so good, and when I couldn't push any more, I held the move.  These are those upside-down pushups, beginning on my back and moving up into a bridge pose with the crown of head on the ground.  One surprisingly difficult move was the plank with weighted arm raises.  Only using 3lb weights I did have to drop to my knees.  I could do the move if I swayed my hips as I raised the weight, but I felt a better burn when I dropped to my knees and kept my body in a straight line without pivoting my hips on the raise.  I love how circuit 4 is a gentle finish.  I cannot wait to hear their applause for me when I really am finished.  15 more days.

Steak with sauteed mushrooms, onions, caesar salad


Oh food.  I am glad this weekend is over and I can get back to not having to administer self control offset with pangs of guilt when I do give in.  After my workout, I fed baby once again as I was about to head out to my first softball game of the season.  For lunch, I ate the second half of the sandwich I had ordered yesterday while out with the ladies.  I brought the two older boys with me today, as I. wanted to play with other boys who would be there.  And of course, W just wanted to go hang out with his older brother.  It was great to get out into the field again and hit the ball again!  We ended up losing... 15 to (ahem) nil, but we all played hard, and we had lots of newbies to learn to play with.


Telling ghost stories.


The evening was just wonderful.  We had steak grilled on our outdoor fire pit, with sauteed onions and portobella mushrooms, oven roasted new potatoes, caesar salad (low fat version), and corn on the cob.  Topped off with a cinnamon bun for dessert... AND a few s'mores by the fire.  How lovely, it couldn't have been more perfect.


S'Mores!


So what a day!  It was active and busy with lots of food and I am ready to begin this week.  Time to get the scheduling done for the week.  I want  you to think about that one change you will make tomorrow on your journey, as simple as it may be.  Is it a walk?  Is it forgoing the extra cals for some lighter cals?  Forgoing the chocolates that somebody brought to the office?  Or perhaps just having one instead of five.  It's all about choice and all about you.  So get planning and get on your journey!

Nighty night,
Peach

1 comment:

  1. I just adore your blog, Jessica. You have such a positive outlook and an reality-based approach to all of this. I smile whenever I read about your accomplishments, and when needed, you encourages me to step off the catastrophe-train and regain a little perspective.

    It sounds like you had a fabulous Mother's Day. So glad to hear it. I am really (oddly) looking forward to trying these crazy wheel pushups everyone has been talking about! I've gained a TON of shoulder strength and feel my core getting stronger every day. That is part of the beauty of this program isn't it? Accomplishing things you never even thought of!

    Looking forward to cheering you on in your last 15 days on BR. :-)

    ReplyDelete