Thursday 17 May 2012

Day 79 - "Cranky" still Exercises

Even on an emotionally spirited day, exercise can have it's place.

Todays Workout: Workout 12

This workout always surprises me.  I  always expect it to be harder than it is.  I still burn 590 cals doing it (it is a challenge!) but I modify some of the moves.  This time around, for the first set of planks with arm raises, I did them in full plank, but in the second set I dropped to my knees.  Even on my knees it was a workout.  And, guess how many wheel pushups I did this time?  Yes, that is right, you guessed it!  SEVEN!  Yes, first time round I did seven of them before having to hold.  Second set I could only do 4 again, but I held it.  Every time my body lifted I was impressed with myself.

I love my little heart rate monitor.  Last night, once I set my sleeping heart rate (by resting, taking the setting, and then taking the watch off) I put the watch down on my nightstand until the morning.  I did my cardio workout, and also took a long walk to the walk. On this walk I had to push the baby as well as push W on the stroller, so my heart rate is about 110 for most of the way.  All I can say, is looking at my HRM I have burned 3241 so far today.  It has been an active day.  And I have kept my calories in to 1900 (on MFP I am set to eat 1530 cals per day plus my exercise cals which end up being about 330 from my JM workout).

I mentioned that I was cranky in my opening inspiration.  And I was!  It didn't matter what it was, I felt like snapping.  It seemed that nothing was easy today.  I went to the park on my walk with W and G, and when we got there W was happily playing but G just wanted to be pushed in his stroller.  He just was not happy sitting still.  I have been having such problems with my cell phone, I decided that I would erase it all and start again.  So going to my contacts list I was to save them all to the SIM card so they keep, but turns out I had multiple duplicates of the same contact.  When I say multiple, I say about 50 duplicates.   So there I was, with 1100 contacts and ONE-by-ONE trying to delete them -- all while G is screaming.  I eventually got through them all, then took G on his walk while W played at the playground.  I need a new phone though, even my husband says it's ridiculous.

Meals were GREAT today.  My goodness.  I say that because twice I visited Timmies and tempted myself with a donut or timbuts but instead chose nothing but a coffee.  Breakfast was a Blueberry Banana Muffin with coffee.  I took a scoop of my protein powder mixed with almond milk after my workout.  For lunch I had a weight watcher's smart ones pizza (380cals) and a diet coke.  Dinner was a chicken breast, with whole wheat rice and broccoli, french baguette and butter - total cals about 480.  And a few glasses of white wine.

I relaxed by the end of the evening, after talking to hubby. He even fed baby G for me while I ate dinner to help out.  Tomorrow we are heading to the cottage and I am looking forward to the weekend.  I will be bringing my weights and videos with me so that I can continue my exercises.

I cannot believe how close I am to the end of this program.  Thank you for your comments and supports.  It helps to keep me on track!

Stay focussed, you've got this!

Nighty night,
Peach

3 comments:

  1. Nice job today! Oh those cranky days are so tough. It sounds like you used your frustration for good though. Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job on those wheel pushups (whatever they are they sound nasty!) it's such a great feeling when you push even one past your usual number.

    'emotionally spirited. I love it. I think I'm going to use that phrase when hubby tells me I'm cranky -lol.

    Have a great weekend at the cottage. The weather looks hot and sunny all weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome job!! Way to push through it. And I agree with Gwen...I love the phrase 'emotionally spirited'. I think I'm going to blog about all of the awesome phrases I've picked up from reading everyone's blogs. So many and I love them all!

    Enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete