Saturday 12 May 2012

Day 74 - Happy Mother's Day!

It is hard to measure success when you compare where you are today with where you were yesterday.  But looking back along the journey it is evident!

Today's Workout: Workout 11

I find that this workout begins gently, then peaks after circuit 2, then eases up into the final circuit.  The moves are still challenging, and I do need to modify on some.  I go to my knees for the pushups with the resistance cable over my back.  I can do all of the scorpion pushups!  The cardio moves are not too much.  Since I've done it twice already I think for the next time around I will add some 3lb weights for some of the cardio.  It's doable.  And I just know I will get to that point where I can do all the moves - I have two weeks to perfect them when I finish the program!

I have been thinking about what to do once this program is over.  I estimate that I will have lost 20+ lbs and many more inches.  Unbelievable!  Starting tomorrow, I play softball every Sunday, and beginning May 28th, I play beach volleyball every Monday.  That means I will be doing 2 intense sports each week.  I have been debating beginning Jillian's 30 day shred, and one of my MFP Friends mentioned Ripped in 30 (another one of JMs workouts) which may be better since my body is more advanced after the Body Revolution.  I am leaning towards beginning one of these programs on June 1st, to finish on June 30th.

A shout out to Trina who just finished her last day of BR!!  WOOOT!  I cannot wait to read about your results and what your plans are now that you are finished.

Food was a compromise today.  I had a terrific breakfast consisting of a Blueberry Banana Muffin, along with a scoop of protein powder and skim milk since it was after my workout.  I had a fabulous lunch date with my darling K and J, and selected a homemade turkey sandwich on multigrain bread served with brie and apple.  A side salad came with it, with balsamic vinaigrette on top.  I ate just half the sandwich and salad, and brought the rest home.  Late afternoon I had a quarter cup of trail mix which consisted of almonds, cranberries, dried apricots, blueberries infused with acai, and yogurt chips.  I love this snack because it satisfies my sweet tooth.  I had forgotten I picked it up the day before last, and had I remembered I may not have binged on those cookies yesterday!  Lesson learned -- always keep good satisfying snacks in the house.

Dinner was a hodge podge of wonderful creations, as I was at my mum-in-laws to celebrate papa's retirement.  There were lots of puff pastries filled with yummy things, and veggies and dip, and tomatoes and mozza on skewers, and some white wine.  I could not even hazard a guess at cals, but I feel I did okay.  I could have done much worse, and the 'old' me likely would have!

So here we are.  Tomorrow is mother's day, and so far my kids and husband have been terribly thoughtful.  Today while I was out at lunch, they went out and purchased cinnamon buns and pancake mix (sweethearts they are!) as well as lots of things for the garden - potatoes, sunflowers, raspberries, strawberries, and even watermelon!  My husband remembers me talking about my grandmother, who used to tend to lots of potatoes and raspberry bushes, and have a storage of them for the winter.  I am not as talented as she, but I would love to try my hand and have told him how much I would love to succeed at it, so I very much appreciate their gesture.  The kids were so excited when I came home so that they could show me all that they bought.  Oh!  They also picked me up another pink pair of gardening gloves... so thoughtful!

I am excited for my breakfast in bed tomorrow, but I do promise to do Workout 12, just not sure when yet.  I play softball at 1pm, but have nothing else scheduled for the day.

I hope all you moms out there are able to take some time for yourself.  I just finished soaking my feet with a margarita scrub and foot creme and they feel fabulous and soft.  My legs are achy from this mornings workout, and it makes my feet feel even better.

Nighty night,
Peach

No comments:

Post a Comment