Tuesday 8 May 2012

Day 70 - No pitfalls today

It's so easy to cheat yourself.  It's easy to eat the foods you know you're not supposed to and don't need.  I do not have a lot of will-power, but I had enough today to put down foods before I put them in my body that I didn't need. 

Rest Day

YES!  Here I am, getting ready to tackle the final half of phase 3.  Tomorrow morning I will be doing Workout 11 for the first time.  Historically, the odd-numbered workouts are harder since they involve lots of plank and shoulder work, and this is my weakest area.  I am enthusiastic though to see what it's about and cannot wait to fill you in tomorrow.

A few weeks ago I had increased my net daily calories to be 1750.  So far, I believe it is going well.  Since making that change, I have dropped another 7lbs after sitting still for a few weeks.  Not only that, but it helps to keep my cravings in check, it gives me room to play with my diet.  While I still enjoy the meals in the meal plan provided by Jillian, I appreciate the opportunity to go my own way and develop habits that extend past this program.  Remember that you are in control of what goes in your body, being off of a meal plan means you are 100% responsible for those choices.  Nobody else will tell you what to eat (and therefore what not to eat).

Soup and half a grilled cheese & tomato sandwich (409 cals)

I enjoyed my meals today, and skipped out on afternoon snack since I finished W's uneaten second slice of pizza at lunch time.  I was able to make a dinner that the family would enjoy while being entirely conscious of what it consisted of, and therefore how many calories was in it and that I was consuming.













Meatballs, mashed potatoes, baguette, salad (650cals)


Breakfast: Banana chocolate chip muffin with coffee
Lunch: Organic chicken soup with egg noodle, half a grilled havarti and tomato sandwich
Dinner: Beef meatballs (10) with mashed potatoes, gravy, lingonberry sauce, french baguette and caesar salad


After dinner, I did finish the rest of the salad (made with low cal dressing) and had three more slices of baguette with butter (50 cals for the salad plus 150 cals for the baguette and butter).  I came in under my calories today and drank lots of water.  Most of all I am pleased that I stopped myself after eating dessert (chocolate pingouin) and did not eat anything else.

I'm ready for a good sleep tonight!

Sleep well, we'll see you tomorrow.

Nighty night,
Peach



2 comments:

  1. It sounds like you had a great rest day! I can't wait to hear all about Workout 11! We're all getting so close to the end now; it's crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's fantastic! Thanks for the update on the calories. I'm so glad it's going well. I hope you like workout 11 as much as I do.

    ReplyDelete