Saturday 5 May 2012

Days 66 and 67 - Busy days, but always time to exercise!

I appreciate that even though I have had bad days, I am still progressing.  Weight is still being lost, and I am getting stronger.

Yesterdays Workout: Cardio 3, Todays Workout: Workout 9

Dare I say that I enjoy Cardio 3?  I love how the first circuit seems so long... and Jillian then says "You've got to do this TWO MORE TIMES".  And the first reaction is one of disappointment and potential failure.   But the next two sets ZIP by.  Once I am done a few sets in the second circuit, she says we are almost halfway.  And suddenly we are more than halfway.  Then we ARE in the third circuit and move by move we are almost done.  I did my best on that one.

Today was my last shot at Workout 9.  What?? Last time???  Oh yes, I am closing in on the end of the first half of Phase 3.  I feel like I need to be let down slowly from this journey.  What am I going to do afterwards??  Keep pondering that one.  I will continue to research and think about how I can continue my blog and motivate and support each of you on your journey to health and HAPPINESS.  Workout 9 was great today.  I find the rolling squats really really difficult.  Like I'm throwing myself on my back, and I need my arms to get me back up again.  Completely UNgraceful, but I push through it.  I also modified the first set of side planks with oblique twists by going to my knee.  My arm was feeling terribly UNstrong.  However, when I did the circuit 2 arm raises with curtseys I used a heavier weight than recommended, going with my 5s instead of my 3s.  I felt it much more in my arms, and almost couldn't finish the last few.  Very UNweak.

Yesterdays meals were solid as well.  My mom came over for the day to help set up and organize for our community garage sale which was held today.  In the evening, we ordered pizza (as we always do on Fridays!) and I went with my mum (-in-law) to the local theatre to watch the latest performance.  It was a farce, and improved as the acts went on.  As we discussed at intermission, it seemed a bit over-played, but by the end it seemed that could have been the character.  In a way, it grew on us.

Salmon Fillet with Tomato Soup and Toasted Oats (425 cals)
Breakfast: Banana chocolate chip muffin and coffee
AM Snack: Scoop of light chocolate protein powder and a cup of almond milk
Lunch: Grilled salmon fillet with Greek Goddess Yogurt, Tomato soup with toasted oats
PM Snack: Nonfat latte and banana chocolate chip muffin
Dinner: Two slices of pizza pizza Chicken Rustica on thin crust multigrain, one slice of hawaiin thin crust

Todays meals were all over the map, but calories came in just fine.  We had our community garage sale today beginning at 8am.  Again, a big thanks to my mom for helping out!  At 9am Isaac and Paul headed off to plant tree saplings with Scouts.  This afternoon, we celebrated my nephews' 9th birthday!  My second of four nephews (and no nieces).  I was on the go for much of the day, which is why my meals were so ad hoc.


Breakfast: An assortment of timbits... approximately one dozen, and a medium timmies coffee
Lunch: Cheeseburger Happy Meal with apple slices
PM Snack: BBQ chips and chocolate cake pops (no icing)
Dinner: Caesar salad and white wine

So tomorrow is the end of Workout 10, and I hope to push myself.

For now, have good sleeps and get ready for tomorrow!

Nighty night,
Peach

2 comments:

  1. I am so interested to read what everyone does after BR. I will "graduate" later than most of us regular bloggers, so it will be fun for me to have a sneak peek into your next phase of fitness! Love your positive attitude - - it always brings a smile to my face. You are doing amazing things. Congratulations on all of your success!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it nutty that we're almost to the end? I have a bunch of ideas of what to do next but I keep changing my mind. Hows increasing your calories going?

    ReplyDelete