Tuesday 22 May 2012

Day 84 of 90 - Last official day of rest

I wanted to work out this morning and had a difficult time sipping my coffee and reading the newspaper instead.  Indicators of a lifestyle change.

Rest Day

Not much to report on a rest day, except that every calorie counts when I do not exercise.  As I mentioned in my opening inspiration, I did want to exercise today but didn't.  It's just as important to rest these muscles as it is to work them hard on the other days.  I had a wonderful visit from my friend and ran some errands.

For breakfast I ate a Blueberry Banana Muffin while I sipped my coffee and read the paper.  It helped too that W felt like sleeping in a bit today.  A busy weekend sure helped that!








Since we were out running errands, I took my little man to McD's for lunch where we both had a cheeseburger and apple slices.


For afternoon snack I enjoyed a nonfat latte with a quarter cup of mango acai trail mix.  So very satisfying and what a caffeine kick the latte provides.

Dinner was a new concoction.  I prepared salmon fillets served alongside a quinoa salad with vegetables.  I also warmed up a french baguette and served with butter.  After dinner, I had a few calories left over and indulged in a drumstick caramel cone.  I could have had two of them, but twice hubby told me no after I said I was going to get one.  My good choice was denying that urge and drinking more water.  What was yours?

Tomorrow begins the last 6 days of my journey.  I am ready for this.  Bring on workout 11.

See you tomorrow!  Nighty night,
Peach

3 comments:

  1. Great job holding back on the second drumstick! you are doing so good and only 6 days to do. Wow

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are doing so awesome - congrats. And what a change to WANT to workout, eh? Time seems to have flown, hasn't it. How have we been blogging and BR-ing (my own verb) for almost 90 days already?? I know everyone says they are going to keep blogging, but I'll miss the bond of everyone climbing the same mountain together. I have been really enjoying reading your blog. Looking forward to the next (LAST) 6 days of your Body Revolution!! Woot! Woot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rest days always feel so strange but I can really feel the difference on Monday if I've truly been resting. Can't wait to hear what's next for you!

    ReplyDelete