Thursday 3 May 2012

Day 65 - A day of firsts

Figure out what's important to you.  Once you do that, everything you do from now on will make sense.

Today's Workout: Workout 10

So what's important to you?  I imagine my family today and years from today, and each time I have my daydream we are outside, playing, having fun.  The sky is crisp blue, and the colours of the trees and flowers and dirt are vivid.  Today after Isaac came home from school and homework was done, the boys went outside to play.  They picked up baseball gloves and started passing the ball around.  I sat at the front door and watched them for a bit, being the active boys that they are, and wonder how much closer I can get to my dream.

 

 I enjoyed workout 10 again.  The warmup is quite brutal... jumping right into Rock Stars.  But they are getting better.  This time around, I thought circuit 2 was the most difficult, and circuit 3 was the easiest.  I just love the half moon pose followed by rows in circuit 4.  It's not too intense, but I can work it.  In circuit 2 I was surprised when we hit the cardio move, as when it was finished and Jillian said back to the top, I realized that was the cardio.  The workout flew by.  I agree with Trina, that it seems I haven't been sore for awhile.  Do I need to push harder?

I enjoyed my meals today.  Having a set meal plan does help with cravings and binging.  It's written down, it's mandatory.  So I had a mental list prepared for my meals to avoid the binging.

Breakfast was a modified banana chocolate chip muffin (modified as it is the same ingredients as Jillian's Blueberry Banana Muffin only I replaced the blueberries with 1/2 cup of dark chocolate chips).

I was able to have a scoop of light chocolate protein powder in a glass of almond milk for my post-workout snack this morning.  Lunch was a can of Primo roasted chicken noodle soup, served with some baby carrots and english cucumber.  It was perfectly filling.








I needed a sweet fix this afternoon, so I had another banana chocolate chip muffin with my nonfat latte.

Dinner, I finally got around to making Catherine's Greek Nachos.  AMAZING!  Perfect flavours and chewy, crispy pita's.  The family also loved them!  And it came in at about 345 calories... I could have had more!








Today has been meaningful in terms of food for a couple of reasons.  First, today was the first day we fed baby G solid food.  Yes, he had rice cereal for the first time!  How cool is that!?  I may be able to get the video up.  At first he kept clamping his mouth shut, but after waiting ten minutes and trying again, it was as though he was trying to drink from the spoon and he did so well.  He ended up having about 3 tsp, which is fabulous for first time.  I cannot believe how quick he has grown!  Second meaningful food accomplishment occurred when my husband arrived home with more tomato and cucumber for our dinner, but also brought home a package of cream cheese cinnamon buns.  [I can see the look on your faces -- what WAS he thinking??]  There is no way I can indulge in a 610 calorie treat today, so I'm not.  I am ignoring them.  High five to me.


Good luck to all of you on your journeys today.  Remember what matters, because that is what will drive you to succeed.  What matters to me is family, and I imagine them how they will be years from now, and I realize how quickly that day is coming!

Remember.  And dream.  You've got this!

Nighty night,
Peach

2 comments:

  1. Yes! I'm glad Greek nachos are going viral. They are amazing! I got the recipe from Kelly at Body Revolution Bride.

    Babies are so cute with their first solid food. I can totally picture this in my head. So funny.

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely MUST try the greek nachos!! I've printed the recipe...just need to get to the store.

    Those first solid food feedings are so much fun!! And congrats on resisting those yummy cinnamon rolls. You have willpower of steel, girl! Nicely done.

    ReplyDelete