Wednesday 23 May 2012

Day 85 - Happy Anniversary!

I wonder when it will stop surprising me when I put on a pair of shorts that I haven't worn in years and they fit... What a feeling!  Losing weight is so worth it.

Today's Workout: Workout 11

This is the home stretch.  I have to do this workout just ONE MORE TIME.  I did well, same as ever.  I had to modify a couple of the moves.  I have to do the pushups with the resistance cable on my knees rather than in full military press.  Although I do use 5lb weights instead of JM's recommended 3lb weights when we do the tricep kickbacks in plank (Yay me!).  I still find circuit 1 painful!  The weighted standing lunges with shoulder presses are so hard!  My quads feel like they cannot move when I am midway through.  This time around when doing the Crab kicks for the cardio, I did double time when JM had Kenta do double.  The last time I do this workout (on Saturday), I am going to go all in.  I am going to try unmodified.  She keeps saying I can do it, and this time maybe I can.

I am still figuring out my next steps.  I think I will begin JM's 30 day shred beginning June 1st and finishing the last day of June.  You are welcome to join me on this journey as well, as I tone the rest of my body and try to lose those last 10 - 15 lbs.  As the finale approaches I will fill you in on my plan.

It is our anniversary today, and feel I ate well considering.  During the day was no real challenge.  It was nothing new, all things I've had before.

Breakfast: Blueberry Banana Muffin and coffee
AM Snack: A cup of almond milk with a scoop of light chocolate protein powder
Lunch: Chicken soup with egg noodles and half of a grilled havarti and tomato sandwich
PM Snack: A quarter cup of acai-infused blueberries covered in dark chocolate

 

Dinner: Pan-seared cod with lentils and grilled veggies (zucchini, tomato and onion) and sour cherry peach pie for dessert,... and a few glasses of white wine

So, a wonderful day :)  My HRM is telling me that I burned just over 3200 cals so far today, thanks to my JM workout, a walk around the block, some gardening, and lots of moving.  I should still have about 750 calorie deficit.

And tomorrow is my favourite workout #12.  I have also been invited to the school for a volunteers breakfast at 8am, with free childcare!  I will be showing up with all three kids in tow.  Have a great night to all, and don't forget why you are here, why you keep reading my blog.  You are looking for motivation and change, and it starts with you.  Make up your mind and get going on it!

Nighty night,
Peach

1 comment:

  1. I've heard awesome things about 30 day shred. I can't wait to hear what you think. We're almost there!

    ReplyDelete