Monday 7 May 2012

Days 68 and 69 - Making one good choice a day

I am 3 lbs away from my wedding weight (currently 166lbs, wedding weight was 163lbs).  There is life beyond exercising and dieting. 

Yesterdays Workout: Workout 10; Today's Workout: Cardio 3

I mentioned that there is life beyond exercise and dieting in my opening inspiration.  That is because there comes a point where the changes that you are making in your life, and the choices you are making, are no longer just about the exercising or just about what you are eating.  It is about feeling good and looking great without thinking about food and when your next exercise session will be.  There comes a point where you don't even need to think about it because you are too busy with the rest of your life.  I hope you make it to that point.

It was my last day of Workout 10 yesterday.  I do not know if I am ready for what the next workouts have in store for me, but I am leaving these workouts feeling like I did them justice and I am ready.

Today in cardio 3, I noted that I have improved in a few of the moves since the first time.  Specifically, I am thinking of Cannonballs and Crab Kicks.  Both of these moves I felt like I flailed with at the beginning, and while I still struggle, my form is much better and I am pushing through the moves successfully.  What moves have you noted the greatest improvement in?  Often, they are the ones we dislike the most when we first encounter them.

Veg soup with half grilled havarti (456 cals)
Meals have been excellent... but really, all I am thinking of is the incredible roast my mum-in-law prepared for us for dinner last night.  Incredible.  Divine. Five Star Quality.  Amazing.  Did I take a picture?  The sad answer is no... but that's only because you don't need to see it.  Imagining it is enough!  (Tasting it is better!)

Breakfast: Banana chocolate chip muffin, coffee
Lunch: Hearty garden vegetable soup with half of a grilled havarti and tomato sandwich
PM Snack: Banana chocolate chip muffin
Dinner: Roast beef, carrots, garlic mashed potatoes with cretonese, bread pudding, red wine






Todays meals were also fairly good.  I did enjoy a lovely picnic in the park with my good friend Evelyn today (hence the McD's!).  We help to motivate each other stay on track, and it helps that we have lots to talk about!

Breakfast: 2 slices of turkey bacon, one fried egg, banana chocolate chip muffin, coffee
Lunch: Cheeseburger happy meal with apple slices, iced coffee made with milk
PM Snack: Nonfat latte, banana chocolate chip muffin
Dinner: 2 slices of multigrain thin crust chicken rustica pizza, dairy milk with almonds

I appreciate hearing about how you are all doing on your journeys, and am looking for body revolutionaries who are new to the program.  Let me know if that is you so I can add you to my page and read about  how you are finding the program.

Make one good choice each day!

Nighty night,
Peach

3 comments:

  1. Good luck with the next phase. You are doing great. I so agree with your statement about getting to that place where you are not thinking about your next workout or meal but are instead enjoying your life and feeling healthy and strong Have a great day. And congrats on getting so close to ur wedding weight!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woo! What an awesome milestone you're approaching! Keep it up; you're doing great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on being so close to your wedding weight. How awesome is that?? 3 kids later - and your youngest still so little - that is quite the accomplishment. You have much to be proud of!!

    I love the idea of 1 small change each day. Pick something manageable that makes a difference and makes you feel proud. There used to be commercials on TV with a jingle that said "What have you done today to make you feel proud?" I always loved that.

    Last phase of this program for you! So excited to see what changes it brings about & where your next journey will take you.

    ReplyDelete