Sunday 18 February 2018

FHHM - Week 6 Update and Results

Here we are!  Six weeks in!  While I've been 100% (well, 90% their program plus my additional volleyball) I've been less than good on food and diet.  I just know I can do better!

I hope you all had a nice valentine's day with those you love. We made heart-shaped pancakes for the kids for dinner, and Madeleine has been exploring every nook and cranny of this old house.

Maddie exploring :)
The Workouts

The focus on this week was hill training. Specifically there were four days that had between five and ten hill sprints, with walking down to rest on all but the last day where it was a jog.  I finished those no problem. It was a rather enjoyable week for workouts.  That being said I did miss my workout (it was a hill sprint) on Wednesday, but I doubled-up the day after by completing the sprints and volleyball.

The 5K this week was excellent!

 Week 1 5K - 38:00
 Week 2 5K - 35:58
 Week 3 5K - 35:32 
 Week 4 5K - 34:50
 Week 5 5K - 35:50
 Week 6 5K - 34:46

It was my fastest one yet, even though it was outdoors and the paths and roads were still icy and snowy.  I really pushed hard on this one, broke it down into 1km runs and after each km walked until I felt ready to go again (usually about 45 - 60 seconds).  I hear that next week is a 10K, yikes!

The Food

What I really want to talk about here is the food.  Under this extreme plan, there was to be limited fat, low calorie, no eating after 6pm and certain foods not to be consumed after 2pm.  I've modified to just follow the Keto diet but I'm not sure I'm getting as good of results as I could have if I followed the extreme exclusively.  I'm a bit bummed about that so I am going to focus this week on following the plan as directed by Sharny and Julius for the next two weeks.  

I've been at a bit of a weight stall for the last few weeks, though it still amounts to 1 to 2lbs lost each week, I still think I can do better!

The Results



I'm really not very happy with my results but I know it's my own fault!  If I was on a maintenance plan I'd be fine, but I'm not.  I'm supposed to be working really hard at this, not taking it easy!  I'm still making progress, but I hope for even better results for next week.  Also, stay tuned for my upcoming 10K!  The last time I did one in 1:09 (hr:min).  I'm hoping to complete by 1:15... we'll see!

As always, thank you for the continued support.  Have an awesome week!

Peach

No comments:

Post a Comment