Friday 1 June 2012

First day of the New Program (30DS)

First thing I thought when I woke up this morning was, "I cannot wait to hit my workout!".  How often does that happen??

I got the kids up, fed breakfast (fed baby), kicked I. out the door to school, and ran downstairs to work out.  Oh my goodness.  Finally!  This is all I could think.  I did not remember this workout from previous attempts until I went through it again.  In some ways it is easier than BR, and in some ways it is more difficult.  It was more difficult because I used 5lb weights rather than 3's.  Also, it is more intense in the strength training.  We did 3 minutes of pure strength, with just 2 minutes of cardio, and then abs.  I found that it was a challenge to do pushups, followed by squats with shoulder presses, and then repeating this move again.  In the BR program, I would do the pushups followed by squats with shoulder presses, and then have a bit of a break with the cardio.  So I certainly felt this, especially in my shoulders.

Catherine, who is currently on the Ripped in 30 program by JM, noted that she finds it is easy to get bored with the workout since it is the same workout all week.  At this point, all I can think is that I've got 10 days of this.  I did find it a challenge, but I will continue to do it all 10 days.  This just means my pushups will get stronger, perhaps I will add heavier weights by the end.   I will modify to make it work for me.  And then perhaps I will get bored...  I will visit that when I get there.

I felt very good about my meals today.  But first, I should say that I had to return the HRM watch that I picked up two weeks ago.  I was having a difficult time getting readings, and it was giving my arm a rash.  Both not good.  I am still determined to find something that works well enough for me.  In the meantime, I picked up a FitBit Ultra, which is a monitor and online tool (which includes tracking sleep patterns) to help lose weight.  It mainly tracks steps and stairs, but the online tool allows an override (say, if you were jogging and want to register additional calories).  The tool tracks everything by the minute so it is easy to override specified minutes during the day using the online tool. And I cannot wait to see how my sleep goes tonight!

















I continue to enter my foods online at MFP.  For breakfast, I enjoyed a banana chocolate chip muffin with my coffee.  Lunch was a can of soup with half of a grilled cheese and tomato sandwich.  I love these 1/2 sandwiches because they are quite filling.  Not sure if it is the warmth or the tomato.  But it works.  No afternoon snack today.

For dinner we ordered pizza.  I ordered a small multigrain thin crust with chicken, green peppers and mushrooms.  I had three small pieces (equivalent to two medium regular multigrain crusts) and a few glasses of white wine.  Ahhh, relaxation.









I also received my new phone today, and it is the Samsung Galaxy S2.  If anybody out there has this phone you can attest to it's ease of use, speed, colour is amazing, oh my I just love it.  :)  It makes staying it touch way easier, so K I'm counting on you to put it to use!  Tomorrow is the fun fair, which means we have a pancake breakfast at 8am, and I. is walking with the Cubs in the parade, and W. is walking with CUD (the daycare).

For now, have a great night.  I am stoked about losing 8lbs this month and hope you are all on your way to reach success yourself.

Nighty night,
Peach.

1 comment:

  1. Isnt it great to have that feeling like you're just itching to work out? Live it!

    Bummer about the heart rate monitor. I know you liked that. You're right about the up button. There's always an up button. Ripped in 30 has pushups followed by squats with overhead press too. Then tricep kickbacks in crescent and then repeat. Ive been doing the on the toes style pushups but I could lift a leg or something.

    ReplyDelete