Thursday 21 June 2012

Day 20 of 30DS

Good morning fellow peeps who are also working to improve their bodies and health!

I usually write in the evening, but worked out late last night and didn't have the energy to write, so thought I would get this out to you this morning.  A little a.m. reading.

I am officially done part 2 of my 30 Day Shred, meaning that today I get to move on to level 3.  I had gotten used to level 2, and it's difficulties.  My ending modifications included using 5lb weights for most of the moves except for the second set of strength in circuit 2 and in the final circuit, where I used 3lb weights.  I agree with Cheryl that the Squat Thrusts are one of the most challenging parts of the workout.  My move tends to sometimes be Downward Dog Thrusts and sometimes the proper squat thrusts.  I learned to love this one by the end, and am excited to see what level 3 brings.

In summary, this is what level 2 of the 30 Day Shred looks like:

Warm-Up (each move for about 20 seconds)
- Arm crosses
- Backward windmills
- Jumping jacks
- Standing toe touches
- Neck stretch
- Jumping jacks

Circuit 1
- Walk out to plank and a pushup (5x first rep, 4x second rep)
- Squat Dumbbell Row (1 min)
- Repeat
- Knee Highs (30 sec)
- Squat Thrusts (30 sec)
- Repeat
- Single leg lift with crunch (30 sec on each leg)

Circuit 2
- Crescent with Rows (30 sec)
- Alternating forward and backward lunges with bicep curls (1 min)
- Repeat with other leg
- Oblique twists (30 sec)
- Skaters (30 sec)
- Repeat
- Lying leg raises with weighted crunch (30 sec)
- Double crunch (30 sec)

Circuit 3
- Single leg raises with military presses (30 sec)
- Chair with arm raises (1 min)
- Repeat
- Plank jacks (30 sec)
- Double jump rope (30 sec)
- Repeat
- Plank twists (1 min)

Cool Down (2 min)




I felt back on track yesterday.  I was able to run errands in the morning and did some baking in the afternoon.  I baked some more of the banana chocolate chip muffins, as well as some banana bread.  It was so hot out here, but it needed to get done.  The good news is that dinners for tonight and tomorrow are all planned to be done on the bbq.

For lunch I made a grilled havarti and tomato sandwich.  One of my faves and is definitely a must try.  Total cals are about 340 for a full sandwich.  I switched my bread to Country Harvests' Vitality (No Fat No Sugar Added) and just love it.  It's 90 cals per slice, whole wheat, and the pieces are thick with soft centers and chewy crust.  The kids love it too.






Afternoon snack was a latte with banana chocolate chip muffin.  If you want to limit calories, or are unable to find chocolate chips made with 70% cocao, I recommend picking up some baker's squares, as they make these in a 70% cocao version.  These are the ones I use for both my frozen chocolate banana pops and I use 2 squares in my banana chocolate chip muffin recipe instead of a half cup of chocolate chips to keep calories low but still get the chocolate.  I simply take a chef's knife and chop the squares into slivers and mix into the prepared batter.  





Dinner was tacos.  These are especially yummy on a hot day, with crisp cool lettuce and tomato and a touch of sour cream.  I use the 14% sour cream, but only use a tsp of it on each taco.  I had one whole wheat soft tortilla taco, and one using the standard taco shell.  I love the crunch on the hard taco, but prefer the soft shell.  For cheese I used a premade Sargento blend of provolone, asiago, parmesan and mozzarella.  For dessert, I had 2 pillsbury cinnamon buns.


All right, enough talk for me.  Get out there and enjoy your day!


Peach

1 comment:

  1. You sound like our old friend Peach again today! Welcome back :) Glad to hear you are feeling more like yourself.

    And CONGRATS on making it through L2 of 30DS. WOO HOO! I won't do strength training tonight, but I'll join you with L3 tomorrow morning, OK? We can compare notes on how it goes.

    So impressed that you learned to love squat thrusts. WOW. I found myself counting: Do 5, modify for 5, do 5, modify for 5...and then just hoping it would end soon!! LOL

    ReplyDelete