Tuesday 19 June 2012

Day 19 of 30DS

How grateful I am to have such great readers and supporters.

I am feeling better.  It does make a difference to take myself out of the 'need to do' mode and instead take time just for me.  Let the dirt pile up on the floor, let the hand weights sit in the basement, let the world go as it is and just let myself forget about it.

I am proud to hear that Cheryl (http://ctminnesota.wordpress.com/) is joining me on my 30 Day Shred!  How cool is that?! And also, how motivating!  As a case in point, it was 9pm and I just sat down to catch up on blogs and report on my day, when I read Cheryl's comment.  Knowing she was there with me I got up and went down and did it.  I'm not through with it!  I did not take another rest day, I just did it.  Thank you for giving me that support.  :)  Oh, it's such a sweaty workout though, isn't it?

Food was good.  I have to bake more muffins but it is just so darn hot I do not want to put the oven on.  So I waited until my 11am appointment for breakfast and grabbed a banana chocolate chip coffee cake (370 cals).

Lunch was leftover veal scaloppini with creamy mushroom sauce, roasted potatoes and asparagus.  Lots of calories there, but filling.  In fact, I was about halfway through when I didn't want to finish.  It took me a couple of hours actually to finally eat, and it sort of counted as my afternoon snack.  In this weather, I really should remember to have either my frozen chocolate banana pops or the frozen smoothie popsicles I made.  That would be excellent.  So easy to make.  I just buy all natural pre-made smoothies in a variety of flavours (this one is an acai berry smoothie) and pour into popsicle moulds.  Easy and quick, and less than 100 cals per popsicle.

Dinner was chicken breasts (boneless, skinless) which I poured lemon juice over and let it sit for about 20 minutes while the bbq warmed up.  Sprinkled with salt and pepper. I used an Uncle Ben's premade rice packet, whole grain rice flavoured as garden vegetable.  I have had this in my cupboard for months and am trying to get rid of some of the more processed items in the house.  I made an incredible salad which will need to be repeated.  I used fresh baby spring lettuces, added half of an orange pepper, half of an avocado, and half of a Bartlett pear.  I used some gourmet dressing "Pear Guava" made by Renees.  This salad is fabulous and filling.  Total cals for my dinner were just under 500.

I failed to take pictures given my state, but am hopefully going to be back at it tomorrow.  I am ready for this!! ... again!

:)  Nighty night to all,
Jess

1 comment:

  1. Yay for level 2!!! I'm so glad you did it, too. It is indeed a sweaty mess of a workout. I detest the plank squats or whatever those are called (plank into tuck-squat and back out again), but plank jacks felt great! I forgot just how grueling the workout is. You do the moves for so much longer than in BR. Great burn.

    Can't wait to hear how you get on with the workout tonight. When are you moving to L3?

    ReplyDelete