Monday 18 June 2012

Days 16, 17 and 18 of 30DS

I would be lying to say that this isn't easy.  Also, blogging is not as easy as it should be, but I need to continue.  Blogging is like therapy, only much less expensive.

On Saturday, moodiness was still in my cards.  My husband convinced me that it was good for me to take a day off.  So I did.  And even into the evening when I kept thinking to myself I should be in the basement working out, I stayed upstairs, I sat on the couch, I did not exercise.

On Sunday, I also did not exercise, but it was my regularly scheduled day off.  I do however play softball on Sundays, and get my daily steps over 10,000 for this reason, even though I am not doing a JM workout.

Today, I was back at it.  My meals are planned for the week, I am back at it.  My weight has not changed since last week (I am still five pounds down).  Phew!  Two more days of level 2 and then I get to see what Level 3 holds.

I am now enjoying level 2 more.  I use 5lbs for some moves, but generally use the 3lb weights. I feel such a great burn after.  Actually, thinking back, I was quite sore yesterday and wonder if it was from the BR workout 4 I did with Mom on Friday.

How were your Mondays?  Do you find that mondays are the best time to get back on track?

Nighty night,
Peach

4 comments:

  1. Glad to see your workout with me left u a little sore. That's always a nice feeling. I thought I might be bringing u down by doing one of the old workouts.

    Its always good to rest - two days is not too much. Give those hardworking muscles a break. Remember that a well exercised person generally works out only 3 times a week!

    I like Mondays too for getting back on track My rest day is Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely find that Mondays are a reset for me. It's a chance to evaluate the week before & either make some changes or keep on with more of the same.

    I also found that 30DS was very hard on the body. My legs were tired the entire time I was doing it, and I think that having a couple of days off is good for you. I'm sorry you felt guilt over it. Rest days should NOT include guilt!

    I hope your mood improves. If not, maybe rethink what you are doing & why. If it is the 30DS that is putting you in a funk, reconsider a different routine. This is about overall health, after all. That includes your emotional state! Are you eating enough calories? When I'm eating too low I find that my blood sugar drops & I have trouble stabilizing my mood.

    Sending you lots of positive thoughts. I hope you find the right thing to kick that moodiness to the curb.

    ReplyDelete
  3. By the way, I just completed 30DS level 2 workout to stand in solidarity with you!! LOL! Stay tuned for tomorrow's recap of how evil I still think that workout is :).

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Mondays for this reason. A fresh start every week. Good luck this week. You're really doing a fantastic job.

    ReplyDelete