Thursday 14 June 2012

Days 13 and 14 of 30DS

Wow, this is hard.  You definitely need to be in the right frame of mind to get through these challenges.  To be honest, yesterday afternoon when I was doing my level 2 of 30DS, I was full of self-deprecating thoughts, which were fully expressed verbally.  I was glad my little man decided to hang out upstairs and watch some programming during this workout.  I'm sure you know the words that were used, haven't we all been there?  We call ourselves fat, we beat ourselves up over it, hoping if we say it enough it will mean something and suddenly our bodies will change.  But it makes it worse, it makes me want to throw in the towel and wave that white flag of surrender.  Look, those thoughts are no good for anybody!  Our bodies change, they are built to change, and we've got to be the one to make the change happen.  My thought today is - GET OVER IT!  MOVE ON!

So today I wasn't sure if I was going to get my workout in.  Not because I didn't have time, because I will always find the time.  But because all week I've been telling myself that I'm tired, I'm exhausted, I don't have it in me.  And yet, each day I get the workout done.  Tomorrow is Friday, then Saturday, and then I can rest.  Even on a week I thought I couldn't do it, I am still doing it.

Yesterday's workout was brutal to say the least.  I used my 5lb weights.  I made it through... shall I say I sweated it through?  Yes, I did that. Today, I thought it would be best to try with the lesser weights, and it made a world of difference.  I am still working hard, but at least I am feeling more capable with the 3's than I did with the 5's.  I do not need to do the workout 'advanced', I just need to do the workout.  I found that when it came time to do the Plank Thrusts in circuit 2, I ended up doing more of a Downward Dog Thrust.  It worked for me.

Thanks for reading and for letting me know what you think of the 30DS.  I am halfway done this month tomorrow, which means just a few more days of level 2 and then I hit up level 3.  I'm not dreading it quite so much since one of you pointed out that you enjoyed it more than level 2.

I hope you are all staying on track as best you can for today.  Any big plans for Father's Day weekend?

Nighty night,
Peach

2 comments:

  1. Great pep talk! Why do we even talk to ourselves this way? I'd never talk to anyone else this way, but I definitely had a couple days like that this week. It's ridiculous. I'm with you. We have a lot to be proud of including the fact that we've been working out consistently for over 100 days. That's a big deal! I'm going camping and running a race with girlfriends this weekend. So excited!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! Exactly, why do we talk to ourselves this way. I was telling another woman in Yoga class to not be so hard on herself about something and the instructor said to me "How often do we say that to other people, but don't say that to ourselves?"

    You are doing great. Level 2 is HARD! You'll see many familiar moves in level 3. I won't spoil it for you. The shred is a great program, it really got the ball rolling for me. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete