Friday 15 June 2012

Day 15 of 30DS

Yeehaw, halfway through the mini-marathon of JM workouts.

:)

Thanks for all of your kind words regarding the horrid feelings I've been having towards myself.  I'm doing much better today, and feel it will continue.  As human beings we are capable of so much, and that can drive anyone crazy... knowing that we can do anything we put our minds to.  I signed on for 30 days of shredding and I will complete it.

Today was a bit a fun interruption, as I was able to spend it with my mom.  She is a bit behind me in the BR program.  Actually, she had to restart it given the condition of her neck/shoulder.  Today we did Workout 4 together, and I loved it.  Oh, how much I loved it.  I am really going to enjoy not having a set regimen but rather the ability to select workouts each day based on how I feel or what I want to do once I am done this month.

The workout was 32 minutes long, a bit longer than level 2 of 30DS.  I feel I worked out hard enough, but it was easier to me than level 2.  It was a nice change up from the day-to-day of 30DS.

I have continued to watch my calories as well.  I eat regular meals with an awareness of portion sizes and calories.  What a difference it does make.  All it takes is knowing what's going in to be able to reduce calories.  I used to have two helpings of a plate because I thought I was still hungry.  But I realized that that was an extra 400 calories (making a 400 cal meal into an 800 cal meal) and completely not needed.  I'd rather save those extra cals for a splurge.

Tomorrow is last dig at level 2 before my rest day... also happens to be Father's Day.  Given the day I had today, I am looking forward to it immensely.  :)

Friday night, hope you all get good sleeps tonight.  I was only 97% efficient in my sleeping last night... here's for 100 tonight!

Nighty night,
Peach

1 comment:

  1. I had typed up a response to your post before this one, and then it got deleted because of an iPad snafu. Self-talk is critical to our success. When the negative thoughts/words creep in, I think "would you speak that way to someone else?" Of course not -- I would be encouraging and positive. We should at a minimum treat ourselves with that same love and respect! You are worth that and are doing an amazing job.

    You'll like the change up to Level 3. So funny that you thought workout #4 was easier than L2 of 30DS. I have always said that workout is one of the hardest workouts (well, until I did Cardio 1, 2, and 3! LOL!). It kicks my rear every stinkin' time!

    You'll love the changes that 30DS provides in the end, regardless of the scale's feedback. So close...keep it up! 2 weeks is nuthin' :) You got this.

    ReplyDelete