Monday 11 June 2012

Day 11 of 30DS

Workout level 2 - it sure provides a burn.  It also brings me back to the good ol' body revolution days that are not so far behind me.  I fully enjoyed workout level 2.  I feel like it was tough enough, and more than once I had to pause my move, or drop to my knees.  I found it went very quickly, with 29 minutes total including warmup and cooldown.  The moves were great, and found the strength sequences seemed less than 3 minutes, and cardio felt like more than 2 minutes.  Cardio was once again the challenge for me.  Lots of plank-inspired moves here.  But nothing that can't be done.  I worked up a great sweat and wonder how I am going to do another 8 days of this in a row.

Therefore, based on this, I have decided that I will take Sundays off for the remainder of this program.  Done!  No going back now, so let's do this!

Anybody else currently on the 30 DS?  How quickly did you move up in the levels?  Which level did you (or do you) enjoy the most?

I am going to continue to use the 5lb weights since it hurts so bad at the end of each set and I pretty much cannot finish.  Therefore there is room to improve.

On a side note, I keep on losing weight.  I am down now to 161 lbs, and I really could have been trying a lot harder.  Yet the weight is still coming off.  If I lose 4 more pounds doing this program (I have already dropped four pounds since starting June 1st) I would have surpassed my already ambitious goal.  I think perhaps it is the combination of fitbit use and MFP along with my daily working out.  The fitbit tracks better than MFP alone, and MFP holds me accountable to my food choices.  The fitbit gives me more accurate calorie setting.  I believe I have found something good that works for me.  I cannot believe I am less than 14lbs away from my goal weight.

Tomorrow I will do level 2 again, and will try to remember the sequence a bit better.

For now, have a great night, let's get ready for tomorrow.

Nighty night,
Peach

3 comments:

  1. I was really out of shape when I did 30 day shred, but I remember HATING those plank jacks! I would dread them every time.

    I have heard people say that level 2 is harder than level 3, but I don't think so. Level 3 was by FAR my favorite level. So glad you are enjoying the 30 day shred and congrats on your continued weight loss!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't done it but I've heard it's great. Your weight loss continues to inspire. I love how sensible you are about it and that it keeps working!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm one who thought level 2 was the hardest. I think it is more cardio intense, which is harder for me than pushing through the strength training. I can't remember when I changed up levels. Seems like I did each for at least a week.

    Congrats on your continued weight loss! Seems like you have hit your sweet spot in terms of food and exercise. Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete