Monday 4 June 2012

Day 4 of 30DS

I believe that to be successful in anything you need two things.  The first is motivation.  You need to want to succeed, and if you want it bad enough you will overcome whatever obstacle it is that is in your way (time, money, credentials, etc).  The second thing is a support team.  You need to have people around you who also want you to succeed.  SO, thank you for being my support team, because without you I would not have the accountability that I need to keep going.

Day 4.  Again, my shoulders are sore, and I still need to modify the second set of pushups to be on my knees.  Oh I still feel it alright, and I almost cannot finish the third circuit strength move.  After completing the 90-day BR I am surprised that this is a challenge.  But they are both different.  My heart rate does not get up as high with 30DS as it did with BR.  It's just the strength sequences that work my  muscles so hard.

In terms of weight loss, I am down 3lbs since ending BR last week (a week already!).  This means that I am officially below my wedding weight, and is the slimmest I have been since my wedding a few years ago.  I have the MFP app on my phone and it shows a lovely little graph of my progress (see print screen of image).  While I definitely have some spikes, there is a wonderful downward trend... just lovely really.  So do not worry about those regular fluctuations up and down.  It all levels out!  I am now about 14lbs away from my goal and I suspect that as I continue fighting the bulge the weight will be more and more difficult to take off.  When that happens, I will begin to rely more on my BF% as a measure of success.

I had a great day for meals.  Banana Chocolate Chip muffin with my coffee for breakfast.  Lunch was a container of Sweet Potato Thai soup and half of a grilled cheddar sandwich.  No afternoon snack today, unless cake counts since I had a couple of little end bits.  Dinner was one jumbo chicken hot dog, with the bun.

I am definitely under my calorie goal for today... I have something like 1,000 calories left to eat but no way to eat them.  I did have an amazing little concoction after beach vball this evening.  My friend brought hot chocolate with peppermint schnapps, and it was so good.  A new beverage to love.  Since getting home from vball I have soaked my feet and applied lotions and enjoyed two smirnoff ice lights (100 cals each).  Life is good.

My cool handy dandy fitbit also syncs automatically with MFP, which means that if my steps and activity are above and beyond MFPs calculations, then an entry is made in my activity to account for the extra calorie burn.  It also means I only need to log my food and activities once in MFP and it syncs back to the fitbit site.  This is excellent, as the fitbit is such a hands-off device, and still is not close to needing charging.  Very easy.

Have a great night to all.  Tomorrow is Tuesday, and I hit workout 1 again.

Nighty night,
Peach

3 comments:

  1. Whoo hoo! Congrats on your continuing weight loss! And that is awesome you are under your wedding weight- big milestone!! I did 30 Day Shred before Body Revolution, but I was sore the entire time. Maybe it was because I wasn't as fit, but I think alot of it has to do with not getting to rest those muscles in between workouts. I think you are going to see great results!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the huge victory! I weigh less than I did at my wedding, too. I remember realizing that my wedding dress would be too big if I put it on today. What an amazing feeling.

    You are doing amazing. Keep up the fantastic work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful graph! Great work.

    ReplyDelete