Friday 22 June 2012

Day 21 of 30DS

Last night I completed my first go at level 3 of the Shred.  This one brought back memories of Body Revolution, as the moves are complex, yet do-able.  The warm-up even often varied moves to get my heart rate up fast and keep it up.

I found this one went by extremely quickly.  I loved the first move, the crazy pushups, where you start in pushup position, and move your left hand closer to centre and move your right hand out, then the push up is done.  Then you walk your hands back to do it on the other side.  And keep repeating.  I love the plyo plie squats.  I loved the variety of ab moves, and I felt it each time.  I love the plank rows followed by a leg lift. I wonder why these weren't introduced in BR, as it seems like it would be a great move for one of the advanced workouts.  We did a similar one which consisted of only plank rows, but I feel the leg lift would have been a welcome addition.

Based on the intensity of this workout I have determined that I will do this program every other day in order to give my muscles a break between workouts.  On non-30DS days I will try to do something else like a walk or jog, or it may be a day I play vball or softball.

I felt great yesterday, and feel great again today.  I need to have a plan in place and hit those targets to feel good and focussed.  I have been doing a lot of self-reflection the last week or so.  Every so often in my life I feel like I need to evaluate where I am and where I want to be, and often crabbiness is part of that process.  It reminds me that perhaps there is something I am forgetting to focus on.  Some things I think about is how I am going to make money (am I happy in my current job - when I go back, that is?), do I like where I live (what about the dream of owning lots of land?), do I want to have another baby (specifically, a daughter)?  These thoughts can drive me crazy, and I often have to do lots of research and soul-searching to figure them out.  But I am happy to report I am in a good place right now with respect to the above.

:)  So here we are, ready to enjoy another hot day here.  Hope you all stay cool, and try to get your feet moving!

Peach

2 comments:

  1. Whoo hoo workout 3, definitely my favorite! Glad you are feeling great. Ha, I totally get you on the baby thing ( and where I want to live), but the baby has been on my mind quite a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there...where are you? Just checking in. It isn't like you to go absent for so long!! I hope all is well & you are showing Level 3 who's boss!

    ReplyDelete