Saturday 2 June 2012

Day 2 of 30 DS

Wow, I am continually pushing myself with level 1 of this program.  It is comprised of three circuits, each with 3 minutes of strength moves (30 seconds of major muscle group plus 1 minute of a combo move, repeated), 2 minutes of cardio (switchup every 30 seconds four times) and 1 minute of ab-work.

The strength moves are very concentrated.  Today after doing the first set of pushups military style, I dropped to my knees for the last half of the second set.  My shoulders are sore today too from all of the weighted lifts.  It's all good.  While I find the strength challenging, I find the cardio a breeze.  This is a switch from how workouts normally go with me.

I was under my calorie goal today, and this may be because I was so active today.  My total calories in were about 1800.  I took the kids to the pancake breakfast at the fun fair today, and I had two pancakes and two sausages with 1/2 of a butter pat and about a tablespoon of syrup.  For lunch, still at the funfair, I had one hamburger with relish and ketchup and a 2 oz piece of vanilla cake with icing.  No afternoon snack.  For dinner, I had a leftover Jillian Michael Southwest Turkey Burger with oven roasted brussel sprouts and carrots. I sliced tomato and avocado to put on the burger.  No bun.  This meal was in the 7-day Jump-Start Your Metabolism provided with the 90 day revolution.  There are no carbs for those first 7 days, and the meals are high protein.  I love this one because it is very tasty, very simple to make, and very yummy.

I am enjoying my FitBit. I really enjoy how it syncs up online effortlessly.  I was fascinated to see the graph of my sleep from last night.  It took me 17 minutes to fall asleep, with one little blip just after 6 am, then back to sleep until 7am.  I had 7 hours of sleep and it was at 100% sleep efficiency (apparently my little blip really was just a little blip - I remember waking up at that point too).  That's good!  I also love the daily challenges that the fitbit provides.  For example, today I hit 10,000 steps, so now it's asking me if I can get to 15,000 in one day.  Now I'm wondering... Can I get to 15,000?  Sounds like a challenge to me!

I love how it syncs automatically when I am within 15 feet of the base which is plugged into my laptop.  I also love how it tells me how I am doing with my food at that point in time, considering what is left of the day.

It's all good.

Tomorrow is a new day, happy Sunday to all.

Nighty night,
Peach

No comments:

Post a Comment