Saturday 9 June 2012

Day 9 of 30DS

There really wasn't much different to report on today.  I again did my workout in the evening, which is less than preferable, but seemed to be the only time I can squeeze it in.

Today I did 14 full pushups, then modified to my knees after 2 full ones in the second set.

I still feel incredibly strong when I do this workout.

I have decided to add a rest day to my workouts as well.  I really feel like I need a break.  Also, my weight isn't moving up or down, so a break may be good for me while I'm in this limbo.  I was thinking to either start taking Sundays off, or just taking off the last day of each level.  Tomorrow happens to be a Sunday and the last day of level 1 before moving to level 2, so I really could do either option and I have a week to decide.  So I will rest tomorrow and focus only on meals.  I am looking forward to the break!  I have been working out every day since last Thursday and my mind needs a break from the commitment.

To summarize, this is what Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred level 1 looks like:

Warm Up
-Arm crosses (20 sec)
-Windmills (20 sec)
-Jumping Jacks (20sec)
-Hip Circles (20 sec)
-Knee Rotations (20 sec)
-Jumping Jacks (20 sec)
Circuit 1
-Pushups (30 sec)
-Squats with shoulder presses (1min)
-Repeat
-Jumping Jacks (30 sec)
-Jump rope (30 sec)
-Repeat
-Crunches (30 sec)
-Reverse crunches (30 sec)
Circuit 2
-Dumbbell rows (30 sec)
-Lunge with bicep curls (1 min)
-Repeat (switching legs with the lunge with bicep curls)
-Butt kicks (30 sec)
-Punches (30sec)
-Repeat
-Side crunches (30 sec each side)
Circuit 3
-Laying chest flies (30 sec)
-Side lunge with anterior raise (1 min)
-Repeat
-Jumping jacks (30 sec)
-Butt kicks (30 sec)
-Punches (30 sec)
-Jump rope (30 sec)
-Bicycle crunch (1 min)
Cool down - Stretching

If you were thinking of getting 30DS and were on the fence, I would absolutely recommend it.  Level 1 already provides great workouts, with a total workout time of just 27 minutes (including warm up and cool down).  Completely doable for all fitness levels.  In terms of weight loss, I have been on the program for 9 days and am down 3.5 pounds.  I have been steady at this weight for three days, too.  

Have a great night, I'll talk to you tomorrow.

Nighty night,
Peach

No comments:

Post a Comment