Tuesday 5 June 2012

Day 5 of 30DS

Sometimes I sit here when I am about to begin my blog and a huge blank comes across the synapses of my brain.  Where to start?  My daily inspiration at the top of the blog at least gave me a starting point.  Today we spent a couple of hours at the hospital taking part in a research study.  Even the coordinators marvelled at how I weigh less now than I did pre-pregnancy (8kg to be precise!).  It seems everyone notices this transformation in me except myself.  I still look in the mirror and see the same person I've always been.  It seems that the only time I can acknowledge a change is when I look at old photos of myself.  Detachment apparently goes hand in hand with realization.  Who knew?  So apparently, I'm looking great.  Certainly, I am feeling great.

My little fitbit tells me that I went up 17 flights of stairs today, and that I am one flight away from a new award. So please excuse me while I go run upstairs and come straight back to report my findings!  Turns out I climbed the leaning tower of Pisa!  Very cool.  Also, if I climb two more flights I get another award!  Hold on a sec.  ... I just climbed Coit Tower!  Not sure where that is, but it's tall.  So the fitbit is enjoyable to use, and I like the little challenges it presents as well.

Recall my returned HRM?  Well, I have been with the company I work for for 5 years now, and I am eligible to receive a gift due to my accomplishment.  There were lots of nice options (a silver ring with a single diamond, a silver bracelet, a wicked duffel bag, watches, golf clubs, pens, the list goes on) and in particular there was a HRM watch similar to the one I returned but made by another company.  So I'm going to give that one a try. I have nothing to lose, and it will complement the features of the fitbit.  I now await its arrival.

Grilled cheese with tomato





















Food was okay today.  For breakfast I had a whole grain blueberry muffin and a coffee from Timmies.  Lunch was the hearty vegetable soup with 1/2 of a grilled cheese and tomato sandwich.  I did end up having three cookies with dark chocolate tops.  And dinner was a couple of slices of buitoni spinach and goat cheese pizza. I had lots of calories left over today, so I had an ice cream cone for dessert, and two more light smirnoff ice's.

Amazing and yummy pizza.  1/4 pizza is only 170 cals!


And, going back to my workout, it's the same as it was yesterday.  I still had to modify the pushups, and I can barely lift my arms by the end of the third circuit.  I'm sure my 5's are too heavy, but I'm going to push to get stronger.

For now, have a great evening, and I'll see you tomorrow.

Nighty night,
Peach

2 comments:

  1. I read an article in the NY Times yesterday about how people are really bad at recognizing their actual body shape. Makes sense to me. How old is your baby now? Your about me section says 3 months but I know that isn't it. :) It took me at least a year to get the baby weight off with both my kids. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic job, Jessica! I don't know what the deal is with not being able to see change in ourselves. It has been 2 years this weekend for me, and I am STILL suprised when I see pictures that the "old" me isn't there. I don't know if it will ever change. Strange, but on the other hand, it is always a very nice suprise!! LOL

    ReplyDelete