Friday 30 March 2012

Day 31 of 90

Today's Workout: Cardio 2

Sorry for getting this out so late.  Hubby and I had a date night :)  Mum came over to watch the kids while we went out for dinner and to the theatre with my parents.  Ended up being a wonderful evening, and topped off with a bang after hearing that the boys were good!  (Thanks mum!)

I woke up and fed baby this morning at 7:15, then went back to bed for a nap.  I shouldn't have - who wants an extra fifteen minutes of sleep??  And this is after hitting the sack at 8:00 last night.  But, then again, I hadn't been feeling very well and I think I needed it.  Either way, I woke up in a panic at 8:20, since school starts at 9 and I still had to get the kids going.  See, this is one more reason why I appreciate a quick breakfast.



Kids joined in for a pic this morning... chocolate toast for W, bagel and cream cheese for I., and good ol' Blueberry Banana Muffin and a coffee for me!

After breakfast, W and I headed down to the basement to begin Cardio 2.  I figured now or never, better to hit it first thing in the day rather than fret about it.  The good thing about the cardio discs is that you can always go at the level you are comfortable with, and if you want to push yourself you can.  I will tell you right now that I felt nauseous during this workout by the second circuit, and that's because I was pushing myself.  In reality, I was not doing anything more than what Jillian asked of me.  For the high knees, I couldn't raise them as high as her athletes did, but I did what I could.

I hear a lot of the other bloggers out there talking about those burpees... that's a throw back to my high school days.  And really, for each circuit, you are not expected to do get out more than 10.  I cannot keep my feet together when I do them, they are about shoulder width apart, and I certainly cannot jump my feet back to my hands, but I make the motions as best as I can and I still get the impact of the workout.  And just like that, we begin the circuit again.  What I appreciate in this circuit is that each set only lasts 30 seconds, and it is a good mix of cardio.  Jump rope, butt kicks, knee highs, towel runs, fast feet, jumping jacks, even cross-jacks -- it's a huge bag of tricks.  But it's doable.  Hardest ones for me include the cross-jacks, hooks, and upper cuts.  I plan on focusing next time around on those moves to see if I can improve them somehow.

In terms of food, I had a Frittata with Spinach, Peppers, Potatoes and Feta along with Fattoush Salad.  This is one of my favourite lunches in the meal plan.  It is satisfying, flavourful, and can be cooked and prepared in about 40 minutes.  I'm sure I could get that down to 30 mins with practice.  Total cals for lunch are 373 cals.




I had just a non-fat latte for my afternoon snack, as I was preparing myself for my big night out and wanted to hold back some calories.

While out, I had two 6oz glasses of white wine, about 3 Tbsp of spinach dip with some tortilla chips, and two small slices of pizza (bacon, peppers, mushrooms, mozza).  It would be hard for me to estimate my cals, but I gather it was around 1000.

I also managed to get in all 8 glasses of water today.

So here we are.   It's getting near midnight, and I'm about to feed baby one last time before bed.  I am happy to not have hockey this weekend!  It's nice to have some unscheduled time to catch up on things... like shopping!

Enjoy your weekend, and good luck with your journey!

Peach

1 comment:

  1. I haven't tries the frittata yet. It looks amazing! Sounds like a great day.

    ReplyDelete