Tuesday 27 March 2012

Day 28 of 90

Rest day!!

Ah, a day of rest.  Anybody who has 3 kids knows there is never a day of rest.  Also, I find taking in just 1200 cals without any physical activity to increase my daily caloric allowance is a bit brutal, so I knew I had to do something today.  So this afternoon, before Isaac came home from school, I took W and G for a long walk.  50 minutes to be precise, enough to burn about 250 cals and give me some breathing room with my diet plan.

I had all new recipes today.

Poached Egg with Turkey Bacon and Sweet Potato Hash (312 cals)
Breakfast was a Poached Egg with Turkey Bacon and Sweet Potato Hash.  Very tasty together, but the hash was almost 200 cals, which is too costly when my daily total is only 1200.  I would have been happier with just two eggs and turkey bacon.  But it was tasty, and only took about 20 mins to prepare.







Quinoa Stuffed Peppers with Poached Chicken (420 cals)
Lunch was fairly quick too: Quinoa Stuffed Peppers and Poached Chicken.  This one I would make again!  Very tasty and filling, and comes in just over 400 cals, which isn't bad for a lunch.

No room for snack today, as I nibbled on Isaac's unfinished half of his oatmeal chocolate chip muffin, which came in at 141 cals.

Dinner was also new, but made the mistake of purchasing frozen uncooked calamari.  Portions were the same, 4 oz per person, but the calamari shrunk so much in size.  I'm not sure if I had purchase the squid ring and cut it myself if it would have had more body.  :)  Otherwise, it was tasty, and I loved it with the Cucumber Salad.  Total cals for dinner was only 230 cals.  I topped it off with a 6oz glass of white wine.





That was my day in a nutshell.  I am ready for Workout 5 tomorrow morning.  Can't wait to tell you all how it goes!

Nighty night,
Peach

1 comment: