Sunday 25 March 2012

Body Revolution - Day 26 of 90

Today's Workout: Workout 4

You will have to forgive me my devoted readers... I did not have a chance to post yesterday, and now, at 8:35pm on Sunday night I have a few minutes to sit down.  I cannot believe how busy the weekend has been, and yet I still found time to stick to the meal plan.  The only time I did not stay on plan, was on Friday night when my husband and I and the kids went to Arby's.  It was not a particularly bad day; I had followed the meal plan all day and had only consumed about 700 cals.  The problem was that we ordered a family deal using a coupon, which gave us four sandwiches, four fries, four drinks and four TURNOVERS.  Did I mention that I have a horrible and dangerous affinity for donuts, cakes, cinnamon buns, pastries, etc -- and this includes turnovers.  I ate the one that I ordered, but then Isaac, after getting just halfway through his, said he was full and it was too sweet. 

Not only do I love such sweet treats, but I equally dislike the wasting of food.  So, I ate it.  And when I finished his half, William also couldn't finish his, so I helped him out.  Needless to say, my total cals for Friday hit about 2300.  Not a bad day if this was one month ago.  I have stayed on track for the most part yesterday and today.  The difference being that I have enjoyed some red wine in the evenings. 

Yesterday was Workout 3 (for the last time!), and I had my way with it.  I went with the heaviest weights, I did all the moves.  I tried to make it through the plank-ups (the planks where you hold the position and then drop to your elbows and then come back up) but again had to put my knees down in the first set.  This time, I only had my knees down for the last few, rather than the last 5 or 6.  I worked so hard and it felt amazing.

Yesterdays meals include:

Breakfast: Pumpkin Cranberry Muffin, Tim Hortons Medium Coffee with 2 milk
Lunch: Green Bean Salad with Shrimp
Snack: 1/2 of a strawberry poptart (while at hockey game)
Dinner: Roasted Tomato and Black Bean Soup, with Sauteed Arame and Carrots

So, a good day!

Green Bean Salad with Shrimp = 209 cals (and very tasty!)

Today we had to run out in the morning to another one of Isaac's hockey games (playoffs finished today after being beaten 5 - 1 in the quarter finals).  I had a quick breakfast (being a pumpkin cranberry muffin and a timmies coffee) and had a tomato, avocado and cheddar burrito for lunch with a spinach salad.  After lunch I was able to get to my exercises and I worked harder than ever.  I want results!  And I want to achieve them without feeling deprived or that I cannot have a bit of balance.  It's much easier for me to think I have to push it for 5 days, then I can adjust my calories a bit on the weekend.

I didn't take any pictures of my meals today, even though I had the camera on hand ready to do so.  For snack my husband had gone out shopping and purchased us all cadbury creme eggs... so that was my snack, and it was delightful!  150 cals there.  Dinner was the Thai Green Curry Halibut with Thai Spaghetti Squash, I really wish I got a picture of it.  Total cals for that meal is 350.  Next time, I will make it with chicken, as I think it would taste way better.

Tomorrow is my last day of Cardio 1, and my last day of exercise in Phase 1!  On Wednesday morning I began Phase 2, and will take full measurements and update you all on my first months' progress.  I'm expecting to see lots of inches off, and total pounds gone of at least 10.  We'll see.  :) 

Thank you for reading and thank you to those who have taken the time to tell me how inspiring this blog is to them.  Please join my email list to receive emails when I update my blog, and also feel free to follow me by clicking on the 'sign in'.  You are all motivating me to keep it up, and I hope that you find it in you to make the changes you need to to get to where you want to be.

For now, sweet dreams.

Peach

1 comment:

  1. Balance is the key to life Jessica, so I think that partaking in those turnovers was just part of a fun family outing! You are doing great and can't wait to see your monthly results.

    ReplyDelete