Wednesday 28 March 2012

Day 29 of 90

Today's Workout: Workout 5

Welcome to Phase 2!  I was expecting my workout to step up a bit considering I am now in the second phase... and it absolutely did.  I cannot believe the things I did to my arms today.  Some of the moves were no problem for me.  I mean, I felt it, but I could do it.  Others were way more difficult.  For example, taking the resistance band into a crescent pose and do chest presses while keeping my arms at shoulder level.  That is hard!  My elbows were bent the entire time, so there is definitely room for improvement.

The move that impressed me the most that I could pull off was the push up with a side plank.  My knees didn't touch the floors.  I did a push up, moved to side plank, did a push up, side plank other side.  I was so proud of that one.

I really enjoyed the warm-up.  It was a sun salutation (yoga pose movements) repeated four times.  I love how Jillian Michaels brings yoga into the exercises, since I am a yoga-lova.

Last night I baked a batch of Blueberry Banana Muffins.  I gave a few to my mom, and froze the rest.  Now I have all three types of muffins at my disposal.  They are fabulous from frozen, as they come out of the microwave all warm and tasty.

Oh yes!  Recall how I took my measurements yesterday since I didn't know how much time I would have this morning to do my measurements?  Well, I weighed myself this morning when I woke up, and turns out I am actually at 172lbs.  This is 2 1/2 lbs less than yesterdays - and I weighed myself 3 times to be sure!  So I will have to go and update my Phase 1 Results blog with this new figure.  So, total weight lost in Phase 1 is 13.5lbs.  My goal is still to lose 15lbs in Phase 2 and the last 9lbs in Phase 3.

I had one new recipe in food today for dinner.  First, breakfast was a Blueberry Banana Muffin (and I forgot to take a pic of that).  In fact, looking back, I forgot to take pics of snack and dinner too!  You will just have to take my word on how it turned out then.

Grilled Halibut with Berry Ginger Salsa, Couscous (cals 379)
Lunch was the Grilled Halibut with Berry Ginger Salsa and Couscous with Carrots and Parsnips.  I had made it a couple of weeks ago and loved it, and I loved it equally (if not more) again today.  The flavour combo is perfection, and is satisfying as well.  In addition, it doesn't take too long to make start to finish. My modification is that I did not use Halibut, I used Haddock. It has similar calories so I made no adjustments to  JM's nutrient info.

Snack was a Chocolate Oatmeal Muffin and a non-fat latte.  Perfection!

Dinner was the new recipe.  I made the Almond Crusted Chicken with Red Cabbage Slaw.  I loved the chicken, but our family isn't big on coleslaw, so didn't enjoy that so much.  Next time I will omit the slaw and instead prepare a different salad, for example avocado on spring mix.  Something simple.  I did end up freezing three portions of the Slaw to use later, we'll see how it unthaws.

In case I haven't mentioned it, all of these recipes are taken from the Meal Plan provided in the 90 day program.  If it is not part of the meal plan, I will not capitalize the items.  I hope you are all doing well on your journeys today.

All in all, it was a good day.  I am excited to see how Workout 6 goes, and will update you tomorrow.

Good night to all,
Peach

No comments:

Post a Comment