Monday 26 March 2012

Day 27 of 90

Today's Workout: Cardio 1

Have I lost the motivation to succeed with this?  I've been going at it for four weeks (less a day).  I have given up lots of my favourite foods and drinks.  I have practically eliminated evening snacking (except sometimes on the weekend).  I suppose I feel that I am in a bit of a rut, that I've been doing the same thing and really all I want to do is bake up those cinnamon buns that are hiding in my cupboard and have at 'er.  But I'm doing this for a reason, right?  I'm doing this so that I'm lean and mean, with less weight to carry around, and more strength to my day.  I'm doing this so that I can fit into anything I have it my closet.  And summer is coming!  Paul initially told me that if I can come out of this program looking like JM, then we'll go to Cuba as a reward.  Perhaps he really wants to motivate me, or he doesn't believe I can do it.

Here's the real question: Do I believe I can do it?  I'm about to head into Phase 2.  Workouts are tougher, but not longer.  Am I ready to dive in? 

The answer is, I don't know if I can do it.  But I'm going to wake up each day, and continue to do what JM tells me.  I'm not going to think about it.  That's the point of this program.  I don't need to do anything but show up, so that's what I'm going to do.  And at the end of each phase I will share my progress with you all.  I'm in it for the long haul!  Really, it's just 62 more days!

Oatmeal Chocolate Muffin (281 cals)
So today was another good one.  Weekdays are way easier than weekends, since there's routine.  Not so much routine on weekends with hockey.  I had a Chocolate Oatmeal Muffin for breakfast with 2 cups of coffee (2 milks in each).  I do enjoy the muffins in JM's program.  They have no sugar and are made with whole wheat flour.  Coconut milk, honey, and olive oil replace cow's milk, sugar and vegetable oil.  And they are so tasty!  I like to make the dozen then freeze half of them for later, while myself and the kids can have a few.

Poached Salmon with Tomato Soup (406 cals)



Lunch was a new recipe - Poached Salmon with Green Goddess Yogurt, along with Toasted Oats and Tomato Soup.  I enjoyed the salmon and yogurt, flavours were fabulous together.  I didn't make the tomato soup myself, instead I used Campbell's low sodium version.  But I did toast some oats to add.  I've never done that before but love the flavour.  I thought the combination of salmon with tomato soup was odd.   I would prefer something like a chef salad with soup in the future.


Laksa with Shrimp and Vegetables (240 cals)

I had a Chocolate Banana Pop for snack this aft, and it does wonders to ease my chocolate fix for just 128 cals.  Dinner was a repeat of one made earlier - Laksa with Shrimp and Vegetables.  Yum!  I love soup that I can eat with chopsticks, and the broth was so flavourful with just a bit of a kick.  I couldn't find red chile's at the grocer this morning, so substituted with a green jalapeno.  I also did not use the watergrass.  Everything else was the same, and so good!

My last time doing Cardio 1.  Always a great workout.  I am going to miss it, but am looking forward to the changes that Phase 2 will bring.  I worked so hard at my workout.  I tried to step it up when I had the energy to do so.  And tomorrow I rest.  I'm so curious for my weight and measurements, but I have to wait one more day.  I will do that on Weds morning.

Good luck to all of you who are on your own weight loss journeys, and I hope you continue to enjoy reading about my experience.  See you tomorrow!

Peach


No comments:

Post a Comment