Wednesday 21 March 2012

Body Revolution - Day 22 of 90

Today's Workout: Workout 3

I finally went public with my blog.  The support of my family and friends is so encouraging!  It also feels like I'm doing this for more than just me.  I know I'm doing it to be a better version of myself, but I think the real winners will be my kids, and giving me the ability to hopefully live a longer life and have the energy to spend with them.

This mornings workout was intense.  Is that just because yesterday was a rest day?  I had another superb sleep which helps me tackle the day.  I guess I have Geoffrey to thank for that!  :)  I fed him at 7 and then hit the hay for another nap before the bigger kids woke up.  After we had our breakfasts I sent Isaac off to school, and William watched some television while I hit my workout.  This time around I was able to do 5 REAL pushups before I had to go back down to my knees.  And the plank ups (which are SO HARD) I was almost able to do the first time around... I had to drop to my knees for the last four or five.  But on the second set I kept at it for the entire set.  Next time I will push myself to do the entire set the first time, I know I can do it!

And the inchworms I had much better form this time.  Could it be my body getting stronger?

So, for meals today... I already had a blueberry banana muffin for breakfast with my latte.  So much for making a new recipe.  Perhaps tomorrow.

I will update later in the day with my meals, and will perhaps start adding photos to show you all what I'm talking about.

Have a great day everyone!

Peach
________________________________________


It was a good day!  William and Geoffrey (but mostly William) were a bit restless this afternoon, so we took another walk around the block, and visited with Grandma.  (Thanks for the cappuccino!)  I also had a council meeting this evening at the school and walked over as well.  That's about 40 minutes of walking in addition to workout 3.

I realized I forgot to update my weight stats since this morning was my weigh-in day.  I'm down another two pounds this week, and am now 29 lbs away from my goal.  :) Wow!

As for eating, for lunch I made a Tomato Sandwich on Garlic Rubbed Toast, with a Hard-boiled egg (pic below).  It doesn't take too long to make, and is very yum.

 350 cals








For afternoon snack I was inspired by the Acai Berry and Pomegranate smoothie but did not have any frozen acai berry, nor pomegranate juice, nor kefir.... It sounds amazing but I don't think keeping these ingredients on hand are very practical.  So I made my own smoothie using frozen strawberries, a scoop of a light chocolate whey protein powder and half a cup skim milk.  Very nice, but no pic.


Dinner tonight was the Beef Stir-Fry with Broccoli and Shiitake Mushrooms (pic below).  It was my first time making it, and tasted great, but it had lots of calories in it (compared with some of the other dinners, this one was 550 cals with the brown rice).  Something to consider in the future to eat lighter on days when this dinner is made.  Turned out great though.


650 cals


 And I totally blew past the minimum 8 glasses of water today.  Although when I say blow I mean 10 or 11... I lost count! 

Breakfast: Blueberry Banana Muffin, non-fat latte, one cup of coffee with 2% milk
Lunch: Tomato Sandwich on Garlic Rubbed Toast with a hard-boiled egg
Snack: Chocolate Strawberry Smoothie
Dinner: Beef Stir-Fry with Broccoli Shiitake Mushrooms

If you're interested in seeing my food diary, you can find me on myfitnesspal under username 'jfaure23'.  Feel free to connect with me there as well.

Good night to all,
Peach


No comments:

Post a Comment