Friday 23 March 2012

Body Revolution - Day 24 of 90

Today's Workout: Cardio 1

Poor William started coughing last night, and is a bit sicky this morning.  I don't think we'll make it out for our walk later today.  I'll have to see how it goes.  I'm just sitting down for lunch right now.

You may be surprised to hear that I made breakfast this morning and it wasn't a muffin!  I've been trying to follow JM's suggested meal plan, and I've been freezing portions for later use when able to.  For example, the barley soup I was able to freeze a dinner portion for an easy dinner some night in the next few weeks.  Anyhow, for breakfast I had 2 slices of turkey bacon and two overeasy eggs, with a bit of wilted arugula.  I didn't add any oil or spray to the pan, but I started the bacon first and when it came time to flipping I flipped them to the other side of the pan and added the eggs where the bacon started as there was a bit of residue there to help keep the eggs from sticking.  I wilted the arugula by adding a cup of it to the pan after the bacon and eggs were done and keeping the heat on med-low.  Total cals = 210.



After breakfast I headed down to my workout room (which is basically just a corner in the basement where the tv is) and started my cardio.  I do this workout just once more... incredible!  To think I am four days off of finishing Phase 1.  Cardio was good this morning, it's such a great workout since you are able to push yourself hard each time. There's always something you can do to make it harder - lift my knees higher in the marches, go side-to-side with my jogging in place, squat lower in my punches.  I left the program panting and red-faced.  I don't know about you, but I find it easier to work out when I am wearing the least amount of clothing as possible.  I dislike straps falling and the heat of pants, so I usually wear short shorts and a supportive bra, and that's it.  Today, mom popped in (Hi mom!) as I was just past the halfway mark, but she noted that my legs and arms are really looking sharper.  She said 'Just wait til summer when you get to show them off'!  :)  My mom is doing a weight loss program as well, and she has lost 10 lbs so far.  I believe she wants to lose another 20.  We help push each other.


For lunch today I had the Curried Salmon Pita Pockets with Braised Baby Artichokes.  I love the pita pockets, but find the artichokes and tomatoes very acidic.  I may supplement in the future.

Calories = 420






William took a pic of me preparing his PB&J sandwich, and he wanted me to add it here.


Please go out and enjoy your day, I will update again at day end. 

Peach

1 comment:

  1. Blast from the past!! Do you remember Day 24 - that's where I am today. And for you it was oh so long ago...I remember visiting you that day. I bet if you tried cardio1 today you would find it so much easier.

    ReplyDelete