Friday 16 March 2012

Body Revolution - Day 17

Workout Today: Cardio 1

I wish I had known about this blogging before I started the program.  It would have been nice to carry the torch through the entire process.  As it is, I am already done the first two weeks of the program.  I found the first week a huge challenge as I did the 'Jump Start your Metabolism' which required me to eat only protein and veggies for a whole week, and workout twice a day.  I did not cheat on my exercising, nor my eating, and I dropped about 8 lbs in the first week.

This past week, while I still kept my cals down to JM's recommendation, my weight went up 3 lbs.  This morning, I was back down another, so a total loss since starting the program of 6lbs.  That's not bad, but I was (and am!) expecting more.  My body feels so good from the workouts, but eating seems to be my vice.  I guess I'm not doing poorly, as I read others' blogs and see that they are creating their own meals.  I have felt that if I'm not using a JM recipe I am not firing up my metabolism the right way and may be sabotaging my efforts, so I've been sticking to the suggested meal plan as much as possible.

While I was on board during the day, tonight was more difficult as I took the family to a 67s game tonight.  This meant that I had a slice of pepperoni pizza for dinner and some mini-donuts (donuts are my vice!).  That carried about 750 cals for my dinner, which put me at 1550 total cals for the day... a few hundred over my target.  BUT, still not too bad.

Breakfast: Pumpkin Cranberry Muffin with a non-fat latte
Lunch: 4oz roasted salmon with pepita and cumin seed crust, russet potato salad with arugula and lemon
Snack: Chocolate Banana Pop
Dinner: Slice of Pizza Pizza pepperoni pizza, 5 mini donuts dipped in chocolate fudge sauce

Kids are all in bed and I've already fed the baby, which means I get to go ahead and hit the sack when I am done here.  Tomorrow morning I hit Workout 3 for my second time.  I am looking forward to it.

Nighty night all,
Peach

3 comments:

  1. Hey Jessica can you tell me more about this jumpstart your metabolism. Is it a book or a website. How many calories did you do for that first week of protein and veggies? How many oz of protein? How much veg? Etc.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Woodtyk. It's week one of Jillian Michael's 90 day Body Revolution Program. Daily calories are at about 1200, so not too restricted. It's 7 days of 3 meals and 1 snack, but NO fruit, flour, grains, sugar and only 1 serving of low-fat dairy per day. Part of the program is working out twice per day. This means doing the regular workout in the morning, but then throwing in her Cardio 1 in the evening. If you wanted to do this on your own I'm sure you can, just watch calories and keep protein around 20 g for breakfast, 35 - 40 g for lunch, 6 grams for snack, and 35 - 40 for dinner. Fill in the rest with veggies and light dressing (olive and salt/pepper are best). Hope that helps, and good luck on your journey!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Jessica, I think my blood sugar would tank on 1200 cal, but I need. To do something. We need to plan another play date if the weather keeps up maybe weekend after Easter we can take the kids to the park at Glen-O, we will walk to your place to meet you and head over. I know a little girl that would love to see her friend William. :)

    ReplyDelete