Tuesday 9 January 2018

Ready to try something new in 2018? I am... welcome back, friends!

It's been a couple of years since I've last posted.  Big changes have happened in my life since then, but mostly the arrival of a new beautiful baby.  This brings our family of five to a family of six!  And, I might add, though I'm still outnumbered at least I've got a girl going to bat with me!

After bringing Madeleine into the world just about nine months ago I was certain that I would be able to lose the weight as efficiently as I had with Geoffrey.  Remember that?  I did the body revolution program by Jillian Michaels early in 2012 (read back on my blog posts) and ended up losing just over 20lbs in the 90 days. 

Since the summer, I've been doing a variation of different activities including running, Jillian Michaels, calorie counting, volleyball... the blend of activities wasn't working for me.  I gained up to fifty pounds each pregnancy and this one was no different.  The difference lay in the fact that at eight and a half months post-partem I had lost only ten of those extra pounds.  Each pregnancy before I was back at pre-baby weight by six months!  Something has to change.

So here I am in the new year, feeling a bit down on myself, and realizing I am going back to work in just TWO months, and still cannot fit even remotely into my old work clothes.  I need to do something.  As I'm thinking these thoughts and scrolling Facebook I come across a post that I think I've seen before but didn't pay any attention to.  This time I was paying attention because the woman in the picture looked like me, well, at least a version of me.  Body fat percent hanging around the 45% mark, about my age, has six kids (she has me beat there!). But the image is what caught me.  Here I am, apparently struggling to get my body to adapt to what I need it to do, and another woman was in the exact same situation and look at her now!  She looks fantastic. Did I mention six kids?

Check this out: http://sharnyandjulius.com/fitmum

I was hooked from that image on and signed up for what I hope will be one of the best decisions I've ever made regarding my health.  Sharny, that's her name, is the woman behind the Fit, Healthy, Happy Mum program.  She managed to lose all of her baby weight in eight weeks using her program and she's sharing it with us.  But she also provides an amazing support group.  For a small charge you are given a lifetime access to the program so whether it takes you 8 months or 8 weeks (or 8 years) to complete, that's up to you. :)

I found the posting on Friday morning while M napped.  By 10:30 I was registered and couldn't get enough of the supportive videos and information regarding nutrition.  With this plan, it is 80% what goes into my body and 20% exercise.  But the meals are wickedly simple and repetitive so to make it easy to adhere to.

The formula is basically a keto diet, focusing on (very) low carbs and then filling in with proteins and fats.  As you walk through the program you are given information about the program and an opportunity to provide your current weight and BMI along with your goals.  Based on the information you provide, they tell you what your daily caloric intake should be to achieve your desired weight in the time frame chosen.  Though that is somewhat separate from the 8 week plan.  The 8 week plan is fairly well guided with predetermined exercises each day, with one or two rest days, and flexibility in meals though the rules are NO carbs, NO sugar, NO alcohol, NO dairy, eating most calories by 2pm and a small dinner by 6pm.  Like Sharny says, "It's only 8 weeks.  Think of how good that drink will be in your bikini!"

So here I am, embarking on this new adventure.  I am more hopeful than I've been since M joined us that I will finally be able to lose my weight and keep up with these kids! 

The stats: 
Starting weight 199lbs
Goal weight 175lbs (for the eight week program)
Goal weight 141lbs (to achieve ideal body fat percent)

Since being on the plan for four days, I weighed in this morning at 195lbs.  It's progress and is the lowest I've been since this time last year so am grateful. And excited for what's to come.  Please join me on my journey.

It's been a busy day, we hosted a wine tasting at our home this evening (which doesn't do much good for the diet but I watched what I consumed) and is about time for bed.  I hope you are are dreaming big and stepping small towards making your dreams a reality.

Nighty night,
Peach

PS - I'll post some before pics a bit later in my posts...
 

No comments:

Post a Comment